DR650GW-2CH over the cloud problem

picadore

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW-2CH
Hi
It's my first post so please be nice to me:)
I have hot-spot/wi-fi connection problem since firmware 2.004. Before everything was working perfect.
After upgrade to v.2004 and now to v.2.005 my camera doesn't connect to any wi-fi hotspots.
When I try to go to Blackvue Cloud on my android phone (app. ver. 2.02) it shows my camera but it is grey out and doesn't show any files.
When I try to go to firmware setting (from cloud) it tells me check internet connection.
After upgrading to v.2.005 I've setup two home wifi hotspots, one is mobile modem (this one was working before perfectly) and the other is my home wifi, but still now success. I've also tried to unregister and register the camera again, still no luck.
Please help with ideas how to fix it.

Hi!
I've heard other people are having the same issue as you, so you're not alone. It is possible to revert back to the v2.004 firmware, however I am no expert on how to edit the firmware of the cameras (it isn't hard, I just haven't tried yet, haha!)
I'd probably let a few more people chime in, but if all else fails, you can always revert back to v2.004.

It is possible to revert back to the v2.004

Reverting to 2.004 doesn't do anything because I had this problem with 2.004 as well. I would have to revert to 2.002 as that was the last working firmware for me without any problem.

Hi Picadore. I am having the same issue as you. I sent Pittasoft an email and their reply was to restart my wifi hotspot. I sent them more details showing them screenshots of it actually connecting to my wifi hotspot but still not connecting to their Cloud. Then another screenshot of it then connecting to their Cloud when I downgraded back to v2.002 with all the same settings. But have not heard anything since last Thursday. Hopefully there are more people in the same boat as us so they look to fix this issue as I want the higher bitrate of V2.005

Hi Picadore. I am having the same issue as you. I sent Pittasoft an email and their reply was to restart my wifi hotspot. I sent them more details showing them screenshots of it actually connecting to my wifi hotspot but still not connecting to their Cloud. Then another screenshot of it then connecting to their Cloud when I downgraded back to v2.002 with all the same settings. But have not heard anything since last Thursday. Hopefully there are more people in the same boat as us so they look to fix this issue as I want the higher bitrate of V2.005

Thanks jc200sx, exactly the same problem and v.2.005 bitrate is so tempting.
By the way restarting wifi hotspot doesn't change anything.

Last edited:
How are you folks seeing which specific wifi hotspot the camera is connecting to? I have 3 different ones set up in the camera settings. 2 of the hotspots can be visible at the same time on occasion.

How are you folks seeing which specific wifi hotspot the camera is connecting to? I have 3 different ones set up in the camera settings. 2 of the hotspots can be visible at the same time on occasion.
On my Mobile Wifi and home wifi, you can see the Blackvue connect under the DHCP list. Whilst the iPhone hotspot can be seen when it connects on top of the phone. It tries the number 1 connection first then will go to the 2nd if there is no wifi on the first. But can't actually see it through the Blackvue list which is connected. Do you connect through the cloud though?

Yes, I use cloud feature, but disable the motion detection since it's too sensitive and just set the impact sensor high.
I have work wifi, home wifi, and a hotspot in my car set up in that order in the camera.
Wanted to make sure it was properly switching to home or work when the car wifi shuts off.
I figured you were looking at connected devices in the access point rather than some indicator on the camera, but thought I'd ask.

I actually bought a dedicated mobile wifi for the car with a Cellink B so wasn't planning to use the new feature of the 2nd and 3rd wifi connections. But I did test it by setting an incorrect password on the 1st wifi to see that it then tried the 2nd wifi which worked. Just wouldn't connect through to the Cloud though.

Hi Picadore. After speaking with the Australian distributor of Blackvue to see if they have heard of others with our issue, where it seems like it's affecting Optus (and possibly Voda network users). Where they definitely know of people with no issues using the Telstra network being able to connect to the cloud. Which made perfect sense since all my testing previously was using the Optus network devices so I found someone at work with Telstra to try their iPhone hotspot and it connected to the cloud! So on the way home, I bought myself a Telstra SIM for my mobile wifi which luckily wasn't locked to Optus and now I have Cloud connection using v2.005. The Australian distributor said they have passed this info to Pittasoft but who knows how long it will take for them to resolve just for our small market. Hopefully this information helps you and others trying to connect to the cloud using Optus

Hi Picadore. After speaking with the Australian distributor of Blackvue to see if they have heard of others with our issue, where it seems like it's affecting Optus (and possibly Voda network users). Where they definitely know of people with no issues using the Telstra network being able to connect to the cloud. Which made perfect sense since all my testing previously was using the Optus network devices so I found someone at work with Telstra to try their iPhone hotspot and it connected to the cloud! So on the way home, I bought myself a Telstra SIM for my mobile wifi which luckily wasn't locked to Optus and now I have Cloud connection using v2.005. The Australian distributor said they have passed this info to Pittasoft but who knows how long it will take for them to resolve just for our small market. Hopefully this information helps you and others trying to connect to the cloud using Optus

Thanks jc200sx, you're right, I was using Optus mobile wifi as first and with new option on v.2.005 my home Telstra wifi as second and it wasn't working. After your suggestion I tried only Telstra and it connected strait away. So it must be the problem with Optus network. The point is, it should work with any network especial that it was working with previous versions.
For me that is not a solution because I can't take my home network with me to the car...lol
The new version of firmware let you setup three wifi hot spots, and that is another problem. Why it was't working when I set two hot spots, Optus and Telstra.
If it didn't accept Optus it should skip to next one, to Telstra, and connect but it didn't.
This software required a lot of work to be done. The question is, are they wiling to do it or are able only to charge money for the camera?
My opinion: great camera with completely rubbish software.

The mobile networks are setup as a WAN in Australia, you're not directly connected to the internet as such, not all ports are open on all networks which could be the issue for Optus, from memory Optus also run a transparent proxy on their mobile network which can further complicate things for devices like this, it may require some different routing setup to get past that

The mobile networks are setup as a WAN in Australia, you're not directly connected to the internet as such, not all ports are open on all networks which could be the issue for Optus, from memory Optus also run a transparent proxy on their mobile network which can further complicate things for devices like this, it may require some different routing setup to get past that

Hi
I understand your point of view and I would even agree with it if connection to cloud, using Optus network, didn't work at all from the beginning.
Because it was working with previous versions it means it's fixable with a little bit of afford and willingness. That's what we are expecting from the company.
Have a nice day.

Hi
I understand your point of view and I would even agree with it if connection to cloud, using Optus network, didn't work at all from the beginning.
Because it was working with previous versions it means it's fixable with a little bit of afford and willingness. That's what we are expecting from the company.
Have a nice day.

yeah I agree it's fixable as you know already it can work, the type of network setup Optus uses is why it will be having problems now, seems they haven't set things up properly in the firmware

New firmware v.2.006 and the problem still not fixed. It became a joke now. So expensive camera working only with selective networks.
I'm simply speechless.

Last edited:
New firmware v.2.006 and the problem still not fixed. It became a joke now. So expensive camera working only with selective networks.
I'm simply speechless.
Thanks for testing and letting us know. Saved me wasting my time installing V2.006 today. I guess I will need to recharge my Telstra data plan since it is nearly 1 month and write off the remaining 6 months of Optus data plan I had left

I'm very glad to inform all of you guys that V.2.007 finally fixed network compatibility problem, and now Cloud is working again as it should.
I can use my Optus mobile wi-fi hotspot again. It took a while but never mind, thank you for fixing it.

Thanks again for testing. After reading Blackvue's news article about "emergency update to v2.007", I was expecting my Telstra mobile wifi to also no longer work like my Optus. But it was still working, so I suspect their bigger spending region's clients all of a sudden having lost Cloud connection like we did with Optus. At least it is fixed anyway but since I already renewed my Telstra data for 12 months, I will stick to v2.005 as it has been pretty stable.

Back