DR650GW-2CH - so many firmware. Which one I should NOT install?

Chuck13

Reaction score
Country
United States
My newly purchased BlackVue have firmware version 1.007. After reading some articles, it seems that 2.0 caused problem but 1.009 is good and have better bit rate.

My question:
- should I upgrade the firmware?
- if yes, which one have less problems? I don't need the greatest firmware, just one that have more stability and fix whatever bugs the camera has.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Seriously if it's working now don't bother upgrading the firmware, Blackvue seems to have some problems completely testing firmware versions before rolling them out. You can try it but be aware that you may have to roll back, sometimes upgrading can cause rear camera to stop working. Happened to me.

Sometimes I upgrade the firmware for my devices because it fixed some known bugs. However, for my BlackVue, it seems that the firmware is quite old so I am trying to figure out if it worth to upgrade it, at least to 1.009. This is the one that seems to have better bit rate.

What firmware version are you running?

Sometimes I upgrade the firmware for my devices because it fixed some known bugs. However, for my BlackVue, it seems that the firmware is quite old so I am trying to figure out if it worth to upgrade it, at least to 1.009. This is the one that seems to have better bit rate.

What firmware version are you running?

I'm running 1.004, I've tried upgrading to 1.007 and 1.009 and in both cases the rear camera would not turn on. I don't know why they won't work on my unit, might have something to do with how old it is. I got it in October 2014 so perhaps there were changes to the hardware along the way that work differently with the newer firmware versions.

Where did you find V1.004? I would like to try it.

I'm running v1.000 lol... I am also using the 1ch of this camera.... Not sure if that makes a difference. Debating if I should upgrade to a later version that is not v2

I'm running v1.000 lol... I am also using the 1ch of this camera.... Not sure if that makes a difference. Debating if I should upgrade to a later version that is not v2

Firmware Ver 2 (Ver 2.002), is for Cloud service and if you does not wish to use the Cloud, upgrade it to Ver1.002 for 1CH and Ver. 1.009. Yes, you need to update up to Ver. 1.002.

Hmm, finally got around installing my DR650GW with 1.007. Been watching the video and comparing it to my old G1W and the BlackVue videos are very... pixelated when the car is moving. The quality is certainly worse than my G1W.

Does 1.009 give better quality?

Back