DR650GW-2CH with Cellink B6 - Firmware Settings

Anamorphic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I used to use a Power Magic Pro then changed over to a Multi Safer but regardless my BMW would display a low battery warning every morning due to the camera operating in parking mode. I finally decided to go for a Cellink B6 from Australia (expensive! around £250 with shipping and duty charges). Since fitting the Cellink I am no longer getting the BMW low battery warnings, I am however keen to understand some suggested settings so that I get then most out of the camera and parking mode with the Cellink attached. Anyone else with a similar set-up who would be willing to share their Blackvue 650 firmware setting? I've dropped motion detection down to 1 and I'm still recording leaves dropping or clouds moving! I may switch it off all together but I'm interested in the other firmware settings that people are using for the camera.

Thanks in advance

John

Hello,

I used to use a Power Magic Pro then changed over to a Multi Safer but regardless my BMW would display a low battery warning every morning due to the camera operating in parking mode. I finally decided to go for a Cellink B6 from Australia (expensive! around £250 with shipping and duty charges). Since fitting the Cellink I am no longer getting the BMW low battery warnings, I am however keen to understand some suggested settings so that I get then most out of the camera and parking mode with the Cellink attached. Anyone else with a similar set-up who would be willing to share their Blackvue 650 firmware setting? I've dropped motion detection down to 1 and I'm still recording leaves dropping or clouds moving! I may switch it off all together but I'm interested in the other firmware settings that people are using for the camera.

Was the battery drain because of the "event" recording? The BlackVue 650 Parking Mode is known to have motion detection that is way to sensitive.

I am assuming the camera, in Parking Mode, ONLY record when motion is detected?

Was the battery drain because of the "event" recording? The BlackVue 650 Parking Mode is known to have motion detection that is way to sensitive.

I am assuming the camera, in Parking Mode, ONLY record when motion is detected?
Hi, yes, thats correct, only triggering on detection. Despite motion sensitivity being set to 1, the camera is recording thinks like a leaf falling from a tree across the street. I may well have to switch motion detection of, in that case I'm interested in what other firmware setting people are using.

I've been running the Cellink B for months successfully.

I use a 64Gb card (designed for dash-cams), motion detection is set a 1 in Parking Mode (yes, it records alot but so what), G-Sensors set quite high. I've got several threads on here with my various experiences.

I use a 64Gb card (designed for dash-cams), motion detection is set a 1 in Parking Mode (yes, it records alot but so what), G-Sensors set quite high. I've got several threads on here with my various experiences.
I am thinking of doing this, but nowadays I drive just a few miles a day. So I'll need to figure out how and when I should charge the battery at home.

Ok Andy, I'll take a look through the forum threads (on same firmware version as quoted by you and also a 64GB card with no issues). Out of interest, how many hours parking mode are you averaging when the Cellink is fully charged? I'm not overly concerned about multiple recording, I'm more interested in extending the parking mode time available. If it comes to it I'll just buy a Cellink expansion battery but I'd rather get the best settings in place first to baseline the parking mode time running off the Cellink only.

I drive 20 mins to work, park for 7 hours and cameras are still on most days when I get back to my car BUT car battery takes over from the Cellink B when its out of juice. Its a really good solution for me

I drive 20 mins to work, park for 7 hours and cameras are still on most days when I get back to my car BUT car battery takes over from the Cellink B when its out of juice. Its a really good solution for me
Hi Andy,

I have just bought a cell link b and I noticed that you say you car battery will take over when it's drained. Is this something you can switch off and if not is it a permanent supply that never switchs off?

No, not something I can switch on/off (although I could put a switch in I suppose). When the battery takes over from the Cellink B, its voltage is monitored by the Cellink so the CEllink wont allow the cars battery go too low

No, not something I can switch on/off (although I could put a switch in I suppose). When the battery takes over from the Cellink B, its voltage is monitored by the Cellink so the CEllink wont allow the cars battery go too low
Thanks for the quick reply, do you know what voltage it cuts power from the main battery? The reason I went for the cell link is not to use the car battery

Back