Dr650GW-2CH with Toyota Hybrid

Knobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any body fitted a BlackVue to a Toyota Hybrid (Prius or Auris)? I am trying to decide which DashCam to buy and the DR 650 looks favorite.. I have an Auris TS with all the bells and whistles, rain sensors,light sensors rear rev camera, auto dipping mirror, auto parking, DAB radio, cruise control, Bluetooth and more technology than I can shake a stick at. Most of which is not needed, and a lot I,ve not even tried after over year ( auto park, cruise control). Of course things to make life easier like DashCams and a speedo that can be seen are missing. After reading these threads the DAB interference makes me concerned that the lack of effective screening and need to site cameras near sensors could cause problems. Any thoughts or recommendations?

The cable run in a Toyota is easy enough as there is enough plastic to squeeze to get the cables in. I'd be more concerned over the lack of image quality and other issues with the BlackVue. Do an owner review search.

Currently what I want does not seem to be available, I want two small hidden cameras to go to a central recording, power unit box (car (DVR) that can be hidden away and I want to hide the wires. The ideal would be to take the feed off the reversing camera or add another and have an external front camera of the same type and feed them to a box behind the glove box. In case of an incident just remove the chip and insert it into a PC or Wi Fi link. Should be simple, Toyota and other car maker source good camera,s and fitting would be easy but "the box" does not appear to exist yet. Its only a matter of time before the insurance companies in UK insist manufacturers fit them because of the number of SCAMS. Currently DashCams are seen as toys in UK.
The 2ch Blackvue looks to be the nearest to what I want and has been recommended by a number of Toyota users, but it is expensive in UK. I don't need home movie quality just the peace of mind that in case of an incident I can see what happened. I don,t want LED,s, a review screen or even GPS particularly all I want is reliable recording while the car is being driven and minimum battery drain when its off. I do not want to replace the existing mirror and if someone breaks in or nicks the car, I am sure the dash cam wont help. Once fitted I hope I can forget its there and never need it.

Look at Itronics ITB-500HD it seem what you are looking for...

Back