DR650GW-2CH won't connect to configured hotspot

bibo2

Reaction score
I am running firmware 2.007 on a cloud-capable DR650GW-2CH.

The firmware settings were configured in the Cloud section: I have entered the credentials for a SSID I want to use.

The camera does not connect to it.

Is the problem the fact that I am using this one phone for WiFi connectivity to the camera to use the BlackVue App AND also as a HotSpot?

Guys please help me sort this out?

Is the problem the fact that I am using this one phone for WiFi connectivity to the camera to use the BlackVue App AND also as a HotSpot?

You can't do both at the same time. Turn off Blackvue app and ensure the phone isn't connected to the camera's local access point. Then enable the phones Hotspot and the camera should connect to the phone's hotspot provided you got the SSID and password correct.

So on the iPhone, double click the home button and swipe the BlackVue app up to terminate it.

I read on another thread that the SSID must be at least 8 characters long with no spaces.
Also the camera does not support 5GHz WiFI access points.

I have neither limitation: I am trying to use my iPhone 4S as a hotspot. Its SIM is provisioned for data and it lives in my armrest compartment in the car.

I'll go out to the car later and try what you wrote before posting feedback.

Thank you for your help!

I read on another thread that the SSID must be at least 8 characters long with no spaces.

There may be an 8 character minimum, however my SSID has 3 spaces and it has no issues connecting

I am back with some feedback.

My issues was centered on the fact that I was using my phone with the BlackVue App AND also as a hotspot.
It's a phone I leave in the car and though I could use for the cloud function and also load the app on it and use the dash cam from it.

Once I used another phone for the app, it worked.
I can see the dash cam connect (spaces in the SSID don't mater indeed) and I can locate it and use the live stream.

However, now another issue is that the camera does not seem to upload anything to the cloud.

Have you managed to get that part working as well?

Thank you again for your help.

New to cloud, in the Blackvue instructional video they have the SSID as pittasoft

Is that what we have to use? I have no idea what a SSID is?

SSID (Service Set Identifier) is the name of the wireless device that the clients will access

My mobile wifi only has a seven-character SSID, and it works fine.

Back