DR650GW-2CH

Jm374x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just installed this new but can' get it to log onto my home network via cloud option. Bought a wifi extender thinking the signal strength was too weak but while I am getting 5mb connection speed I see no ip associated on the list of connected devices on my BTHomehub 5 router running at 75mb broadband speed.
Camera connects fine on blackvue wifi to my iPhone 5s and the ssid and password are correct for home wifi just I see no way of confirming camera can log on. App doesn't provide any confirmation. I even tuned off BTs auto setup configuration option on the router in case that was inferring,.
Still no joy.

Just checked and the extender is on the 2.4Ghz network, but no camera connects onto it when car is on acc or on.

Hi, thanks for your rely but the camera isn't assigned onto the network so there is no IP to check as far as I can tell.

So the router provides the range of addresses assignable but the blackvue app just proves the username and password to log onto that network (1 of 3). There is no option to specify a static IP in the app. The device is in range of the home network as I can use other devices. The dashcam' own wifi network connects ok too. My understanding is that once the correct home network un/pw are specified the dashcam can be assigned onto the home network and the cloud feature is useable. Maybe this new unit has a fault as there is no confirmation from the device or app that it is logged on.
Many thnx

I haven't seen their app to know what configuration options it offers but networking is networking, you may need to make some changes to your router configuration if there is no option to adjust the camera to suit

Back