DR650S-2ch internal GPS CMOS battery dead

ryantx

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this set for about two years now and it's been great. The last month or so, I noticed that the time in the video keeps slipping and resetting to 0:00. I would think that the thing would grab the time off of the GPS satellites, but no.... It has a CMOS battery in it to hold it's time when it's off, like a computer. Apparently the one in mine got baked in the Texas sun too long. I contacted Blackvue support and they are pretty much useless. They told me to talk to Amazon. It's out of warranty anyway. From what I can tell so far, there is a very small coin battery that has to be soldered to the main board inside the camera. Does anyone have any experience with replacing the internal battery in this series of cams, or where to find the battery? I'm a horrible solderer. Does anyone know of a Blackvue repair center for Blackvue products in the United States? I really appreciate the help.

Any competent computer repair shop can solder in a new battery for you.

Phil

Jaqo, thanks. I did find that video before. I'll have to give that a shot. It's for an earlier model, but I would guess that the internals are pretty similar. Thanks for the link to the battery!

Back