DR650S-2CH IR super hot in under an hour

Ferginator

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

I was testing out my new camera and I had it on for maybe an hour in park mode and it got super hot real fast within that time. Is it suppose to get that hot? I saw in a demo video "black box my car" where they said most prefer to leave the plastic wrapping on the camera but should I take that off? I went to get the sim card out and the camera had not been on for more that an hour and it was red hot. Is it suppose to be like that? I made sure the fuses were on correctly and it does record and making videos so not sure why it's getting so hot so quickly.

They do get very hot, even here in Lincolnshire. They'll get even hotter if you leave the plastic on.

Remember to remove plastic on BOTH front and rear!!

I will do that. for some reason black box my car that advertised this item were saying to leave it on. But looks like that is a problem.

That will be an issue down the road, yes. I accidentally left my rear-cam covered with the plastic. Simply forgot to pull it off once installed and was quite in a hurry, so.... forgot.

Ran it thru approx. 20 days before realizing i forgot something. The rear cam did work, but i noticed one of my clips where the footage were blinking, not sure why this happend. I suspect that the rear cam was heating up, although it did this during night-time and had been runing 24/7 for the last 20 days, still recording.

Pulled the plastic, the cam continues to work as it should. Haven't seen any flickering since that day..

Back