DR650S-2CH - looped message "started audio recording"

Country
Czech Republic
Hi,
I'm using DR620S-2CH with Power magic and very often is happening that when for example I open doors, car lights go on, the voltage goes to minimal value, so I hear message "....BlackVue is shutting down" but if I start engine instantly, dash camera powers ups but it's in loop saying Audio recording started/stopped until I power off manually camera and power on with eg. some delay, eg. at least 30 sec and more.

Anyone knows if this will be ever fixed?

M8TJT

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 312GW
"....BlackVue is shutting down" sounds like it is a dip in the car battery voltage when stuff is switched on triggering the PMP. What trigger voltage do you have it set to? If 12.5V try setting it to 12V.
I don't have any ideas about the "Audio Recording" 'autorepeat' thing though.

It won't be fixed if they don't know about it, and even then..........

OP
OP
S
Country
Czech Republic
PMP is set already to 12V, as per another monitoring I see battery is constantly 12.2-12.4V, but simply for example in the morning when car turn on lights (comming home function), it somehow goes below 12V and then PMP cuts the juice too fast probably - before it's shutted down, I already start engine....

As for the loop, I still think it could be software related/fixable.

Thank you for your comments though.

M8TJT

Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 312GW
it somehow goes below 12V and then PMP cuts the juice too fast probably
This seems to be quite common, based on other posts on forum. It seems that other PMP type device solutions have overcome the problem of short dips in voltage by applying a 30 sec or so delay between voltage going below the trip voltage and the device actually switching off the dashcam. What a sensible idea. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L DR650S 1
A DR650S 10
S DR650S 6
Ralph2 DR650S 4
John Walshaw DR650S 9