DR650S-2CH - looped message "started audio recording"

Sharkys

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hi,
I'm using DR620S-2CH with Power magic and very often is happening that when for example I open doors, car lights go on, the voltage goes to minimal value, so I hear message "....BlackVue is shutting down" but if I start engine instantly, dash camera powers ups but it's in loop saying Audio recording started/stopped until I power off manually camera and power on with eg. some delay, eg. at least 30 sec and more.

Anyone knows if this will be ever fixed?

"....BlackVue is shutting down" sounds like it is a dip in the car battery voltage when stuff is switched on triggering the PMP. What trigger voltage do you have it set to? If 12.5V try setting it to 12V.
I don't have any ideas about the "Audio Recording" 'autorepeat' thing though.

It won't be fixed if they don't know about it, and even then..........

PMP is set already to 12V, as per another monitoring I see battery is constantly 12.2-12.4V, but simply for example in the morning when car turn on lights (comming home function), it somehow goes below 12V and then PMP cuts the juice too fast probably - before it's shutted down, I already start engine....

As for the loop, I still think it could be software related/fixable.

Thank you for your comments though.

it somehow goes below 12V and then PMP cuts the juice too fast probably
This seems to be quite common, based on other posts on forum. It seems that other PMP type device solutions have overcome the problem of short dips in voltage by applying a 30 sec or so delay between voltage going below the trip voltage and the device actually switching off the dashcam. What a sensible idea. :)

Has anyone tried to disassemble&mod Powermagic to adjust this 0sec delay when it reach set voltage limit?

I don't know, sometimes clever people find clever solutions :)

I would say so, as immediately after I open doors, car lights goes on and from dashcam I immediately hear "...is shutting down". Even if I start engine, the dashcam completely shutdown and power on. So a delay of eg. 30sec would be great.

That's odd, I thought this works by design and it's design flaw of Powermagic, isn't it? I purchased mine 1.5 yea ago and it works this way since beginning.

Has anyone tried to disassemble&mod Powermagic to adjust this 0sec delay when it reach set voltage limit?
If, by design, it has a zero second delay, it is most likely that there is no delay circuitry, therefore nothing that can be adjusted.
I have a 'spare' PMP and am from an electronics background so I will have to have a look at it. Although I'm not holding my breath on that one as there ain't much inside the box. I suspect that most is done in the IC.

Fantastic? Yes. Likely? No. But I will have a poke around.

I mean fantastic that you will try even if probability is low :)

Voltage detection accuracy data-sheet:

Power Magic Pro: +/- 0.1V
VicoVation Vico Power Plus: +/- 0.1V
FineVu MultiSafer: +/- 0.05V

And of course, be sure that you don't have any dead cells in your battery. That would lead to voltagedrop as soon the door was opened.

I think this is not about accuracy of the voltage detection mechanism, also my battery is completely fine (just using during winter Webasto), so I have voltage about 12.2V-12.1V during Winter. If this voltage drops to 12V, which is my powermagic set to, it instantly cuts off the power source instead of waiting another eg. 30sec to see if the voltage will not recover. But I understood based on reactions here it should not be the case, eg. there should be a delay but in my case is not. There are some other devices on the market which does have this delay by design, if I'm not mistaken.

Correct to which? PMP or "other devices"?

The only way you can get a "delayed shutdown" is by using cams with batteries instead of capacitors...

Back