DR650S-2CH - looped message "started audio recording"

No it isn't. You can have a live feed from the car's battery as per the PMP. It seems that the problem is that the PMP shuts down the cam as soon as the battery goes below the threshold, rather than delayed to see if the battery 'comes back up'.

Well, please provide some kind of product able to see the voltagedrop, wait X seconds and stay alive before shutting down the power to connected devices..

Well, please provide some kind of product able to see the voltagedrop, wait X seconds and stay alive before shutting down the power to connected devices..

you can buy timers off eBay for under 5 dollars that do this, seems odd that they would not do this in their product

My PMP seems to have about 5 seconds of delay. The battery in my Jeep is quite on the bad side. If I shut the Jeep off with the lights still on, it drops well below the cutoff instantly, but the camera doesn't power down for about 5 seconds. If I shut the lights off before shutting off the Jeep, it holds for about an hour or so depending on how much I drive it. When starting the Jeep, the voltage drop doesn't last long enough for the PMP to kill the camera.

The 5 second delay is what I have found on the PMP. There appear to be unpopulated circuit board holes for a diode and capacitor/resistor network, probably to extend the time delay, but they are not used.
It's fairly easy to extend the delay by means of a capacitor and diode in the red wire. I have mine set to three mins(ish) as the PMP was turning off the BV 5 seconds after my car auto stopped.
I have written a thread in the PMP section saying how to do it.

Back