DR650s slow playback

MGMD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just recently installed the 650s 2 channel cam. It has constant power and connects to my home wifi when in my driveway. I have a class 10 micro SD xc 128gb card (patriot). I reformatted the card via pc. It plays back without issue if I remove the SD and insert into pc. I can also download onto internal memory (takes about 6 kin to download) and playback without issue on my phone. However, the wifi direct and cloud playback are unusable. It "buffers" forever and often crashes the app. I tried playback via the installed pc viewer and same results. Any thoughts about the wifi issues I'm having? Thanks in advance!

-MG

My 650 is also very flaky trying to use the cloud function. Also while driving, I hear it restart frequently and randomly. My older 650GW on my other car doesn't have such problemss.

Ugh, mine also randomly reboots while driving. Maybe it's a firmware issue and will all be fixed via an update?!

patriot 128gb class 10

ok, that is a reasonable suggestion. Any thoughts on a known card that works well? I have a few sandisk 64gb cards that I will try too. Thanks!

Read through the threads here, not many cards are suited for your model
ok, looks like some people have had success with the SanDisk 64gb high endurance card. Just purchased one from amazon. I guess I will give it a shot and report back. Thanks!

So, I purchased the sandisk 64gb high endurance card. First I tried to reformat via pc. The cloud based function was completely unusable and didn't open the file. It also seemed to make the app crash. This morning, before my commute, I reformatted in the camera via the wifi button. I was able to connect via WIFI direct and playback worked with minimal buffering issue. I will try the cloud at home, but I am feeling better about my chances.

The sandisk 64gb high endurance card works well with wifi direct. There is still some significant lag with the buffer, but it is tolerable. The cloud is still completely useless (unless I want to download the video, which also takes a while). I tried the OEM blackvue 16gb card that came with the unit. Same problem with the cloud. I think I have ruled out the SD card as the issue. Any thought about how to make the cloud usable?

I bought one of these cards as per the performance tests on another forum. I have read there are a number of compatibility issues with cards and causing rebooting issues. I haven't been able to verify the card does not exhibit reboot issues as yet but I will soon enough. I wouldn't think it would though as it has been tested which is why I chose it. Please not there are 2 types of this Lexar card and the preferred one is the mobile / sport version. No idea if the other version is suitable.

http://blackvueshop.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=721

The-Best-64GB-Micro-SD-for-Blackvue-DR750LW-CH-DR600GW-DR650GW-2CH-Vehicle-Drive-Recorders.jpg

Just as a follow up . . . I have been in contact with BlackBoxMyCar via email. I took there suggestion and purchased a lexar 128gb SD card. I also installed a ZTE wifi hotspot in my car (using a project FI data only sim). Since doing these 2 things, I have had no random reboots, I maintain my connection to the cloud and the app seems to be somewhat more stable. The play back via cloud still has some lag due to buffering, but it is tolerable. We concluded it was a combination of poor wifi connection and bad SD card. Damn this thing is sensitive, but at least I'm up and running. Thanks for everyone's help!

-MG

Back