DR750LW - Blurred Front Camera

Ady_E

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Pittasoft BlackVue DR750-LW 2ch Full HD
Hi

As well as an issue of only 16Gb of a 64Gb Micro SD Card being recognised by the unit, it seems I also have a focus issue with the front camera.

I've only just noticed this as I hadn't viewed footage on a larger screen until yesterday.

As can be seen by the screenshot, objects in the distance are clearly out of focus.

Will I need to return this unit or can it easily be adjusted like on some of the older BlackVue models?

Thanks.

Blurred Blackvue.jpg

get it swapped out under warranty, you'd void warranty if you open it up and start adjusting things yourself, not worthwhile

That's what I thought. I'll contact the seller and see how they want to play it. I don't want to have to remove and reinstall the entire installation just to replace the main unit.

Oh, I just got a replacement unit and has the same issue

Last edited:
Yes, can hardly see the plate of the vehicle in front of me.

Send it back and demand answer. Very bad.

Send it back and demand answer. Very bad.
Yes very bad. In fact, this is the 2nd replacement unit.
my original unit failed during firmware upgrading, thus screwed up the firmware, couldn't start up. So i sent it in. Got a replacement (think it is a refurnished). This unit's touch screen failed after a few weeks. The image were also blurry. And I sent it in again. Current unit is the 2nd replacement.

I am from Singapore, the local agent does not bring in this model, thus I got it over the net. Seller is from Korea. Took me 1.5 months just to get the replacements. Their understanding of English is limited, very difficult to communicate with them on the issues I faced. The seller is responsive though.

get it replaced, check that it works ok, focus is good etc, then sell it on eBay
will get it replaced. If the replacement's focus is ok, may consider selling it too.

Got this last Jan. Got rear ended in last Feb & Apr. This cam saved me a lot of trouble when making the accident reports.

Anyway, any gd dual cam with full HD from other brands to recommend?

Thinkware F750 looks promising

Try to check out Thinkware X500 too. Not bad

the Thinkware product is well made and stable, it's like most 2 channel product though in that the bitrate is low so video performance is ok but not fantastic, that's a chipset limitation though with current technology

Back