DR750S-2CH Heat Survivability

should it be that way though - if you are spending $100's more than th3 fost the medium quality brands ?

you're dealing with physics, even the memory cards are only rated to work up to 80°C, you can easily exceed those temps parked in the sun, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link

hehe lately i have taken memory cards out of my cameras and felt " O my", and its only just summer here with temperatures around 25 degrees C
Dont know why but the memory cards feel warmer than the sides of the camera i an touching to be able to get the card out of two of the cameras at least.

I've thought about creating a sun-visor for the front camera to keep it 'in the shade' so to say. Or maybe a dedicated AC vent! :D They certainly get hot and makes me think about long term thermal related issues.

I love the Teeny size of the blackvue camera, like a roll of half dollars. However that leads ZERO room for getting cooled down - even as these suckers generate a lot of their OWN heat . I hope Blackvue comes up with a heatsink of sorts, maybe even a little mini cooling condenser. It's not a New Concept, they ARE out there.

Have you considered doing a good Tint job (Ceramic) to your car .. including your windshied?

I have a 3M Crystaline 70% tint on the windshield -- cant even tell its there but it reduces a lot the heat!

I to worry about my SD card and heat (transcend), but it is rated at 85c or 185°. See if that helps during the summer months in Florida. :cool:

Have you considered doing a good Tint job (Ceramic) to your car .. including your windshied?

I have a 3M Crystaline 70% tint on the windshield -- cant even tell its there but it reduces a lot the heat!
I take it that your dash cam is stuck to the windshield and therefore on the 3M tint. Any concerns about the tint detaching from the windshield?

Here in Adelaide Australia the outside temp can reach into the low 40's celsius and that's hot, in the vehicle it can reach about 80 celsius, however, never had a heat problem with my unit.

My camera stays powered-up longer after I followed advice elsewhere in these forums to drop my recording settings to FHD3@30+FHD@30 (from "Sports") / image quality = "high" (from "highest")

My experience with these cameras are that they will last 1-2 years. My 650GW lasted 2 years while my 650S only lasted 1 before it was worthless and 2 months after to completely break. That's with mostly mild weather and some very hot Southern California days.

Here in Adelaide Australia the outside temp can reach into the low 40's celsius and that's hot, in the vehicle it can reach about 80 celsius, however, never had a heat problem with my unit.
right now - it's winter down undah .... & the 750 isn't that old. Give it time. Even if the MicroSD survives past next april you'll be one lucky owner.
BTW - areas around California deserts hit 50°C on more than one occasion, w/ a record high in the mid 50's.
[emoji6]

Last edited:
Back