DR750S-2CH I think it's over priced junk, what do you think?

Betamax_man

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had the misfortune to purchase 2 DR750S-2CH dash cams. Both now exhibit the same faults, which are: random reboots (even though the power supply is constant) and missing miles of recording footage. Have contacted BlackVue customer services via email and carried out all their suggestions, including updating camera firmware via downloading onto a computer, formatting the card via the PC app and un-zipping the file to the card. I have even tried new (over priced) BlackVue Micro SD cards. None of which has helped. As I have had a very bad experience with these units, I cannot recommend them to anyone, but what do you think? Which is the best 2 camera system to install?

Last edited:
I have to agree
My lens on my 1st one after less than a year of use developed a fog. You cant just buy a replacement for a 2ch either, u have to buy the entire thing all over again.
The new one is constantly rebooting now but I think its because I have a sandisk, waiting on my samsung 128 to hopefully fix that.
Next time Ill either not waste my money or try a different brand, seems like the cheaper ones have less issues. Thinkware has its fair share as well.

Honestly... I'd take my 750 over my 900 any time when the weather starts to heat up [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just a thought but did any of you think it would be a good idea to come to DCT first and review all the cameras in general before buying:):cool: ?

I found this forum after my purchase [emoji22]

Just a thought but did any of you think it would be a good idea to come to DCT first and review all the cameras in general before buying:):cool: ?

I did and thats why I went Blackvue

Strange isnt it then that I have 2 750S running in the 35C heat in Qld and havent had any problems Also have 2 DR450's going fine as well. Have a 128gb Sandisk Ultra in wifes car and a 200Gb Ultra in my car Also Sons car is running a 64Gb Sandisk card and my 450 has a 128gb in it.

Quite often its the way its installed with dicky wiring or if using a ciggy plug have had them work out a bit and not always power the camera up

i think they are a little expensive but at least the electronics seem to be good. the device is effectively built around this: https://www.silicondevice.com/file....00_2K4K_MobileCamera_SoC_Brief_Data_Sheet.pdf

i have had mine for a few months now and think it's great. happy with the build quality, was pretty easy to install as well. haven't yet had any missing footage or reboots that weren't caused by me. the software seems pretty decent too except some of the functionality appears to be achieved through bash scripts, which is mildly dodgy.

I have to disagree, im on my 2nd one and just mailed it back cause of random restarts.

Strange isnt it then that I have 2 750S running in the 35C heat in Qld and havent had any problems Also have 2 DR450's going fine as well. Have a 128gb Sandisk Ultra in wifes car and a 200Gb Ultra in my car Also Sons car is running a 64Gb Sandisk card and my 450 has a 128gb in it.

Quite often its the way its installed with dicky wiring or if using a ciggy plug have had them work out a bit and not always power the camera up
You are very lucky then. With mine, it wasn't anything to do with the installation, just faulty cameras.

maybe the quality is more variable between units than it should be

35 degrees C is only 95F, that is not really hot for a dash camera.

35 degrees C is only 95F, that is not really hot for a dash camera.

i think they meant the outdoor temp. the queensland sun will make the interior of a parked car far hotter when its a 35 degree day.

Its definitely pricey but ive tried maybe 5 or 6 other dash cams ranging in price and blackvues definitely has the most polished features and settings that make sense. I use the cloud feature all the time and the only other dashcam that has something close is thinkware (but apparently is very limited and not great).

Not 100% happy with my camera, but not sure i would have been happy with the Thinkware competition of it either. Was a bit annoyed that the 4k one came out right after i bought the 750 haha.

The 4K BlackVue DR900S in my opinion is not worth the extra money. Daytime footage may be better than the DR750S, but not by much, at the sacrifice of night-time footage. There's no Starvis sensor on the DR900S. I've just replaced my DR750S-2CH kit with the Viofo A129 Duo and so far I think it is miles ahead of the BlackVue.

Not 100% happy with my camera, but not sure i would have been happy with the Thinkware competition of it either. Was a bit annoyed that the 4k one came out right after i bought the 750 haha.
Just wait until the summer comes... You'll be more satisfied with the 750 vs 900 which shuts down a lot.

The 4K BlackVue DR900S in my opinion is not worth the extra money. Daytime footage may be better than the DR750S, but not by much, at the sacrifice of night-time footage. There's no Starvis sensor on the DR900S. I've just replaced my DR750S-2CH kit with the Viofo A129 Duo and so far I think it is miles ahead of the BlackVue.
I agree. I just replaced my dr750s 2-ch that I had installed for about 2 weeks with a street guardian sg9663dc and couldn't be happier with the street guardian. It's just super reliable and feels a lot more solid over the dr750. Now my dr750 is just sitting inside my office at home.

Now my dr750 is just sitting inside my office at home.

It would make a nice Christmas gift for someone with no cam who you care about ;) I've wanted to do similar but everyone I know drives so badly they do not want a dashcam showing their mistakes :eek:

Phil

Back