DR750S-2CH resetting(?)

Will1688

Reaction score
Country
United States
So i was on an older firmware for awhile with out any issues (1.003), and recently updated to the latest (1.010). After this update, i have been experiencing the cameras resetting itself, but there's no voice prompt that it is.. just once in awhile I'll hear the starting up voice prompt (blackview ... starting normal recording). Ive briefly checked the videos and seem like it is still recording, its just it seems to voice prompt the starting up voice prompt every once in awhile without saying it's shutting down or restarting. The camera is still recording prior and seems to be recording after as well. Just wondering whether or not any one has experienced this, and is it possible to revert back to an older firmware? I admittedly wanted to test the time-lapse function, but then this problem happened.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

How is it installed?

My DR750S-2CH has been fine on 1.010 so far, so I would say do a reformat and put the software back onto the card to give it another go.

You can downgrade the firmware, as long as you have the older firmware downloaded to your computer/able to find it online.

Thanks, this was installed via PC to microsd. I'll reformat and reinstall and see if that helps, otherwise i'll probably go back to the old firmware until another update. Thank you

I meant more like how is your camera installed. You mention wanting to test time-lapse, which is a parking mode feature.
So I assume you're either using a Power Magic Pro or a battery pack, and you may want to add those into your troubleshooting.
Also, if you're not using the BlackVue SD card anymore, what type of SD card are you using?

Ah, got it. I've got the camera hooked up to Power Magic Pro, and using a 32GB Transcend High Endurance card. The power magic pro is hooked up to 12v always hot for parking mode. Thanks

You mention wanting to test time-lapse, which is a parking mode feature.
I have V1.010 on my 750 and can't see how to initiate Time Lapse. Can it be done?

Definitely, I believe it was in the recording settings, under the "basic" settings.
You can choose between motion & impact detection or time lapse.

My 650 would do the starting up voice prompt randomly when I tried to use an adata sd card. Try another card to see if that helps. The newer firmware may have put your existing card on the not compatible list, trying to force you to buy their ridiculously priced cards.

Mine's doing exactly this too since 1.010 (was on version 1.007). Re-formatting the card....

I've reformatted and reinstalled the firmware since, and its been OK so far. Will report back in a few days.

OK, so it happened once more while i was driving, so i reverted back to 1.003 (the firmware i had no issues with) and it seems to be stable again. Hopefully the next firmware update fixes this.

I'm leaning towards it being the card, but I guess you'll find out soon enough if you start to have issues on 1.003.

Yeah for sure i'm not ruling that out as well, just a weird coincidence that it was working perfectly fine up until this update (i didn't update to the other newer firmware because mine was working just fine). Would be way cheaper/easier to fix if it was indeed the card lol.. i'll keep you guys posted if anything else happens though. thanks DashOto for your help/insight.

Ah, got it. I've got the camera hooked up to Power Magic Pro, and using a 32GB Transcend High Endurance card. The power magic pro is hooked up to 12v always hot for parking mode. Thanks

Blackvue suggests that using other brands of micro SD cards, other than Blackvue ones can cause camera problems and in some cases, camera failure. Blackvue SD cards are specially made by Samsung to withstand high temperature and constant use (24/7). I have had cases where customers have bought cheaper sd cards from their local supplier and basically ruined their camera. Just thought I would mention it.
Mike
Blackvue New Zealand Limited.

My new 750s 2ch with blackvue 128 would random restart too. I sent it back today to hopefully get a new one. The 1st 750S 2ch I had ended up with a foggly lens so I had to get a new one. No restarting issues with ild one. So Mike, why is my blackvue with blackvue memory randomly restarting? Not being a smart a&& this time. Seriously asking

I have two 750 2CH and neither of them reset. Are you using the cloud stuff? I am not.

No, the cloud is a joke, has been since it first came out. I like their idea of the 750X that has its own sim card buuuuut if its like the rest it will be junk too.

Back