DR750S - recommended sensitivity settings

mjgriffo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I've just installed the DR750S on our GTI, and we're getting event recordings when we go over pavement joins (short, instant jolts).

Can anyone recommend suitable sensitivity settings - I've already dropped all the defaults down one step (from 3 to 2) but it's still occurring.

Thanks in advance,
mjgriffo

Consider it a feature that reminds you the camera is there and working. The ability to discriminate from pavement joins to actual crashes seems to have alluded the Blackvue programmers. Much like motion detection.. set to as low as you can go.. or off.

I find it strange the way that they set the sensitivity on the G-sensors. It has a wide range to choose from, but even in the lowest setting (1) it generates event clips all the time. I had to turn it off. I am starting to wonder if they mislabeled the settings and a higher number would reduce the sensitivity. Think I will give it a shot to see if that is the case.

Update:
Increasing the number did not make it better. Maybe there is something wrong with the G-sensors in some cameras? Does it work as desired for anybody?

Last edited:
Only thing you can do, if possible are entering custom values for the G-sensor.
Back in the day when i used this ( personal opinion BS ) i had to go for a drive or rather several and then use the lukas player to see what size events the G.sensor registered on my drive, and then use lukas viewer to enter the custom values.
Off course you can not use the lukas viewer for a blackvue product, but maybe their software support the same.

It is a common problem for many cameras, either you cant get the camera insensetive enough to not create event files all the time, or the other way around in some cases where you can not get the camera sensitive enough to make a event recording at all.

Personally i dropped the G-sensor cuz my lukas recorded all the time anyway so i would never miss a event anyway, but if i had a event it wasent saved in a write protected folder, but with a normal sized memory card i dont feel that's a problem as you have 4+ hours before the camera get to where it want to delete your interesting file.
And if your car get hit while driving i am sure you will notice it, and if its bad you will not be driving any more anyway so your recording of the event should be safe if you or rescue people turn off your car which i am sure will happen as its otherwise a hazard for you and their work.

I would only use G-sensor for parking guard if i was to use that one day.

I have mine set on 25% and use "time" rather than % settings. I dont use parking and as I have a 128Gb card it takes a while to get around to deleting stuff. Unless something drastic happens I never even look at whats on the card. I bought it as a recorder of accidents etc so couldnt care less what else it records. No Youtube sagas, nor Hollywood blockbusters for me LOL

25% ? Which setting gives you percent ?

I think that's the part of the memory card assigned for event files.

Low on my Lukas LK-7500 back in the day triggered a event recording just accelerating or braking, and its a long time since i stopped treating public streets as a rally spacial stage, and my car and motor are tiny.

i don't think so, you can't assign amount of space for events on the 750S

Okay,,, i am guessing here have never owned a BV product.

I have no percent in parameters.
Only values between 0 and 10.
What's your firmware version ?

25% ? Which setting gives you percent ?

Ok setting it at 2 Which if you divide 10 by 5 gives you 2 or 20% I have the audible warnings ALL turned off so it does its thing and I dont know and care even less
Unless something dramatic happens I never bother looking at the footage.
Its there its a dashcam it does what its supposed to and thats it.

This is my first post to this forum, having just purchased a new dr750s a couple of weeks ago but I am having real issues with the motion sensor settings being far too sensitive. I have have mine set to 1 yet the dashcam is registering motion at about 20 feet away making it unusable. It is not good that everytime a car goes past the entrance of our drive, beyond our other vehicle, because then it is almost constantly sending notifications to my phone.
I would expect the setting of 8 to do this, not 1 as with that setting, the lowest sensitivity, I would expect it to detect motion from only around 2 feet away. I cannot imagine using setting 8 at all...

So you have it parking mode and it is going off because it can see movement????

Turn it off as even the old cameras had this problem My old 350 would pick up someone walking 50m away even set on 1 so I just turned it off.

I'm also having some issues with the sensitivity settings on my dr750s. But, it's not in parking mode. I have the "normal" mode set to 1 and it's still triggering "event recording" with the slightest bump in the road. I've read that the 750 can hold up to 50 event recordings, but I've set the app the delete the oldest event when that partition fills up. Any suggestions?

I have switched the up/down sensor to off. I have the notion that any accident will cause mostly L/R or front/back acceleration. Far fewer events caused by road bump now.

I have switched the up/down sensor to off. I have the notion that any accident will cause mostly L/R or front/back acceleration. Far fewer events caused by road bump now.
Thank you. I'm going to give this a try this morning.

Just turned off the up/down sensor and still a bunch of event recordings while driving over small bumps. I now turned the front/back sensor off to see if that makes a difference.

What setting do you have for the F/B L/R? I have both set to 2 with U/D set at zero (All at 8 for Parking) with Motion detection OFF.

Back