DR750X-3CH DMS Plus

BasicSpencer

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are looking to get the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus for our teenager who is about to start driving. I Like this system because of the Driver Monitor System, but im wondering if the Driver monitor part is actually a camera that records too? Or does it just make noise when you are falling asleep or not paying attention?

BasicSpencer - Since your original post was made on December 6, 2021 and I am writing this on July 14, 2022, the chances are that you have already answered your questions and that your teenager has been safe on the road with the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus. Since I became interested in purchasing the same module as my nine-year-old DR650GW-2CH appears to have died recently and since the DMS functionality is new to me, I wanted to have answers to the same questions of yours.

[DMS module records video]
I went to BlackVue's home site in search of an official manual for the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus. And, I found it here. Then, as you scroll down until you see the first occurrence of Note, it states the following:
Recorded videos from DMS are saved to the microSD card on the front dashcam.
The microSD card of the DMS camera is for firmware update purposes only.

[DMS module beeps]
The features of the DMS are explained here. I realize that the article is about the DMS module for the DR750X-2CH DMS LTE PLUS. But, I bet that the features are the same with the DMS module that comes with the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus.

Since I don't own (yet) the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus, I have no way of experiencing how effective the DMS module is.
Last month, while I was on an Interstate, apparently I fell asleep only to be abruptly awaken when the right tires went over the rumbling strip. I was truly scored. Had I been in the passing lane instead of the right lane, I could have easily caused an accident. So, upon returning home, I immediately started looking for "DMS-like" devices. This device interested me even though its reviews are not glowing. Then, coincidentally my DR650GW-2CH has died. That is why I am closely looking into the DR750X-3CH DMS Plus. It is not cheap. But, it does offer all features I would want.

Back