DR750X-3CH Plus Review

rcg530

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue, Thinkware, VIOFO, Vantrue, Blueskysea, FineVu
Today, I received a DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam from BlackVue to review. I currently don't have space on my windshield to mount this camera. I will hopefully clear some space on the windshield soon to get this one installed.

One of the cameras that I have in my car is the VIOFO T130 3-channel dashcam. I will be comparing the video footage between the DR750X-3CH Plus and the VIOFO T130 3-channel dashcams.

dr750x-3ch_plus_box_top.jpg

Updated 10-Mar-2022 with review video links:

Last edited:
I started my testing of the DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam today. I upgraded the firmware from version 1.001 (which it arrived with) to version 1.002.

The version 1.002 release notes stated "Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup." I had not experienced that problem with the BlackVue supplied microSD card nor with a SanDisk 256 GB High Endurance microSD card.

I ran a long series of tests to gather power consumption values for this 3-channel dashcam with and without the USB hub and the BlackVue CM100LTE connectivity device.

Here are my initial power consumption values from those tests:

bv_dr750x_3ch_plus_power_consumption_chart_pic.png

As one would expect with a 3-channel dashcam, it consumes more than a 1-channel/2-channel dashcam would consume and with the cloud connectivity via the CM100LTE connectivity module it requires more power than most dashcams I've tested.

Once I can clear some windshield space to install this dashcam, I'll get it installed and compare it with the VIOFO T130 3-channel dashcam that I have in my car.

I've been working on two other long term dashcam problem investigations this past week or so. I now have the DR750X-3CH Plus installed in my car. I've collected all of the sample daytime video footage for the review. I need to gather more nighttime video footage since I recently changed up the dashcams that are in the car.

I have a screenshot of the section where I see how well I can make out what are on the plates on the vehicles in front of my car with the DR750X-3CH Plus (1080p Front), DR750X-2CH Plus (1080p Front), VIOFO T130 3CH (2K Front) and a Zenfox U1 2CH (4K Front).

I have the DR750X-2CH in the car to compare how much of a difference (if any) there is between higher bitrate 2-channel dashcam front camera video and the lower bitrate 3-channel dashcam front camera video. It appears the bitrate of the 3CH front camera is reduced to allow for the extra interior camera. The bitrate of the 3CH and 2CH rear cameras are the same. I list the "Total Bitrate" value as presented by the Windows "File Explorer" file Properties / Details / Video section.

I blurred the middle section of the license plates to at least give the illusion of privacy. ;)

dr750x3chplus_daytime_plates.jpg

This video contains sample daytime footage from a BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam. I compare the DR750X-3CH Plus video footage with video captured by a BlackVue DR750X-2CH dashcam, VIOFO T130 3-Channel dashcam and Zenfox U1 2-Channel dashcam.

While testing various BlackVue X Series rear dash cameras, I have discovered and reported an issue to Pittasoft about the dark video captured by that camera. The DR750X Plus front camera and the X series rear cameras have the same Sony STARVIS IMX 327 image sensor which should result in similar exposure levels in the captured video footage. This issue is currently being investigated by Pittasoft.

You will see a 1-second gap in the video captured by the DR750X-3CH Plus rear camera. This is an issue I first reported to Pittasoft back in early 2021 during my review of the DR900X-2CH dashcam. Pittasoft is aware of the issue.

Dashcams Used In This Video
  • BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus / FW 1.002 / Image Quality = Highest(Extreme)
  • BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus / FW 1.007 / Image Quality = Highest(Extreme)
  • VIOFO T130 3CH / FW VIOFO_T130_V1.0_1027, Rear Ver: V1.0_0117 / Bitrate = Maximum
  • Zenfox U1 2CH / FW U1.V1.1.20220112, Rear: V1.0_20210701 / Bitrate = High

Last edited:
This video contains sample nighttime footage from a BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam.

Dashcams Used In This Video
  • BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus / FW 1.002 / Image Quality = Highest(Extreme)
  • BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus / FW 1.007 / Image Quality = Highest(Extreme)
  • VIOFO T130 3CH / FW VIOFO_T130_V1.0_1027, Rear Ver: V1.0_0117 / Bitrate = Maximum
  • Zenfox U1 2CH / FW U1.V1.1.20220112, Rear: V1.0_20210701 / Bitrate = High

I've been checking whether the DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam has the same bug I reported to Pittasoft when I reviewed the DR900X-2CH where it would drop nearly one second of video every minute at the file transition for the rear camera. I've confirmed that bug is present in the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus. I also found that the dropped video issue is present in the interior video files for the DR750X-3CH Plus. It drops 22 to 30 frames at the end of each file when it is transitioning to the next video file (every minute).

That doesn't sound like a lot, but that equals 1-minute of dropped video every one hour of use.

Here are some screenshots from my Adobe Premiere Pro editing session where I verified the missing frames. I display a timecode counter. The units of measure are Hours:Minutes:Seconds:Frames. The frames are based on the 30 frames per second and range from 0 to 29.

For the interior video example, the upper timecode counter is for that specific interior video file from the DR750X-3CH Plus, the lower timecode counter is for the overall video timeline. The video on the left is from the VIOFO T130 interior camera and the video on the right is from the DR750X-3CH Plus interior camera.

The DR750X-3CH Plus interior video camera's video clip is only 59 seconds and 1 frame in length (59:01 - left picture). The middle picture is the first video frame of the gap and the right picture is the first frame of the next DR750X-3CH Plus interior video clip. I'm using the VIOFO T130 video as a reference to see what occurred during the gap and to use it to align the DR750X-3CH Plus interior video clips with the correct timeline progression.

You can see that my arm moved from the left side of the video to the right side within the nearly 1-second gap. The video timeline timecode moved 1:59:29 to 2:00:25 during the missing video from the DR750X-3CH Plus. That's 26 frames that were missing in the interior video (26 / 30 = 0.86667 seconds).

dr750x3chplus_int_missing_frames_01.pngdr750x3chplus_int_missing_frames_02.pngdr750x3chplus_int_missing_frames_03.png

Here's an example of the rear video dropping frames at a file transition that I put into my DR750X-3CH Plus daytime video samples video on my YouTube channel.

The upper left square is the video from the DR750X-3CH Plus rear camera and the upper right section is the video from the DR750X-2CH Plus rear camera. Their file transition points where offset from each other allowing me to use the DR750X-2CH Plus rear video as a guide/benchmark for the DR750X-3CH Plus rear video missing frames check.
  • DR750X-3CH Plus Timecode / DR750X-2CH Plus Timecode
    • 58:29 / 37:29 - Last frame of the DR750X-3CH Plus rear video file
    • None / 38:00 - Gap starts
    • 00:00 / 39:00 - First frame of the next DR750X-3CH Plus rear video file
All video clips in the example were synchronized to the video frame. When you watch the video, you can see the pickup truck behind my car in the distance will jump from being directly over the furthest merge arrow on the pavement to the next merge arrow.

dr750x3chplus_rear_missing_frames_01.pngdr750x3chplus_rear_missing_frames_02.pngdr750x3chplus_rear_missing_frames_03.png

I will report this issue to Pittasoft as a follow-up to my bug report of the rear camera video files missing video frames at file transitions points during my review of the DR900X-2CH back in Spring of 2021.

I tested the cloud Live View feature today with the DR750X-3CH Plus. The iOS BlackVue app was able to successfully view all three of the cameras.

The browser based (desktop) live view feature did not work very well. It would default to showing the front view (which makes sense). It would sometimes successfully show the rear camera feed when the rear camera was selected. It NEVER was able to show the interior camera feed. When selected the interior camera feed it would start showing the front camera feed from the first few seconds when the live feed was started and you would hear "Live View On" over and over and over. If I left the selected camera as the front camera (no changes) it would display the video and audio from that front camera only.

It tested the live view again with the iOS app and it worked correctly each time. Each time I tried the live view from the browser, it always failed to display the interior camera.

Here's a screenshot from the video I created showing the incorrect behavior when trying to get access to the interior video feed. The video status line on the bottom of the video is so dark that it's just about impossible to make out what's on that line.

20220210_cloud_live_view_desktop_interior_fail.png

I've been testing the DR750X-3CH Plus along with a DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam in my vehicle for a while now. Recently, I connected my CM100LTE connectivity device to the DR750X-3CH Plus using the USB hub included in the DR750X-3CH Plus box.

While reviewing video, I was seeing a large number of normal mode driving impact events ( _EF, _EI, _ER ) files. After I added the CM100LTE, I noticed my phone was alerting A LOT during the first driving segment of my trips. After I would park the vehicle and the dashcam went into parking mode and then I started driving again, the insane number of impact events went back to normal (small number or none).

I have the G-sensor settings for driving mode set to 2,2,2. The parking mode G-sensor settings are 9,9,9.
dr750x2chplus_sensitivity_settings.jpg dr750x3chplus_sensitivity_settings.jpg

As a test, I decreased the parking mode settings to 5,5,5 and went on a test drive. The number of normal driving mode impact events went way down.

I restored the parking mode G-sensor settings to 9,9,9. On 10-Feb-2022, I went on a short trip into town. Just about every 1-minute segment of the drive was considered a normal mode impact event (see file listing screenshots included below). I parked the car for just over 45 minutes. On the trip back home, I drove over the exact same roads and there were no alerts being generated and all of the video files were "_N" normal driving mode video files.

On 11-Feb-2022, I went on a much longer trip (almost 30 miles round trip). The same pattern was observed. The driving segment when I left my home and drove to the first stop (of four), the number of alerts and normal mode event files was outrageously high. After making the first stop and letting the dashcam go into parking mode, the remaining normal driving segments only generated normal recording files.

I power off my dashcams while parked at home. They are powered by dashcam battery packs and I have no need to drain those battery packs nor do I need to record the inside of my garage for hours and hours. Before I leave my home, I restore power to my dashcams.

It appears when the DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus are first powered up, they appear to not get initialized with the proper G-sensor settings for normal driving mode.

I have firmware v1.002 installed in the DR750X-3CH Plus and v1.007 installed in the DR750X-2CH Plus.

I don't recall this behavior before the recent firmware upgrades, but I did not have the CM100LTE connected to the DR750X-3CH Plus until just this past week.

I've reported the issue to BlackVue/Pittasoft and I'm waiting on a response from them.

Here are screenshots of the files from the 10-Feb-2022 trip into town. The first red outlined set of files are the impact event files while driving into town. The second red outlined set of files are the normal mode video files driving back home.
20220210_file_listing_part_1.jpg
20220210_file_listing_part_2.jpg

A couple of updates.

I've been testing the DR750X-3CH Plus along with a DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam in my vehicle for a while now. Recently, I connected my CM100LTE connectivity device to the DR750X-3CH Plus using the USB hub included in the DR750X-3CH Plus box.

While reviewing video, I was seeing a large number of normal mode driving impact events ( _EF, _EI, _ER ) files. After I added the CM100LTE, I noticed my phone was alerting A LOT during the first driving segment of my trips. After I would park the vehicle and the dashcam went into parking mode and then I started driving again, the insane number of impact events went back to normal (small number or none).

I have the G-sensor settings for driving mode set to 2,2,2. The parking mode G-sensor settings are 9,9,9.
View attachment 59817 View attachment 59818

As a test, I decreased the parking mode settings to 5,5,5 and went on a test drive. The number of normal driving mode impact events went way down.

I restored the parking mode G-sensor settings to 9,9,9. On 10-Feb-2022, I went on a short trip into town. Just about every 1-minute segment of the drive was considered a normal mode impact event (see file listing screenshots included below). I parked the car for just over 45 minutes. On the trip back home, I drove over the exact same roads and there were no alerts being generated and all of the video files were "_N" normal driving mode video files.

On 11-Feb-2022, I went on a much longer trip (almost 30 miles round trip). The same pattern was observed. The driving segment when I left my home and drove to the first stop (of four), the number of alerts and normal mode event files was outrageously high. After making the first stop and letting the dashcam go into parking mode, the remaining normal driving segments only generated normal recording files.

I power off my dashcams while parked at home. They are powered by dashcam battery packs and I have no need to drain those battery packs nor do I need to record the inside of my garage for hours and hours. Before I leave my home, I restore power to my dashcams.

It appears when the DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus are first powered up, they appear to not get initialized with the proper G-sensor settings for normal driving mode.

I have firmware v1.002 installed in the DR750X-3CH Plus and v1.007 installed in the DR750X-2CH Plus.

I don't recall this behavior before the recent firmware upgrades, but I did not have the CM100LTE connected to the DR750X-3CH Plus until just this past week.

I've reported the issue to BlackVue/Pittasoft and I'm waiting on a response from them.

Here are screenshots of the files from the 10-Feb-2022 trip into town. The first red outlined set of files are the impact event files while driving into town. The second red outlined set of files are the normal mode video files driving back home.
View attachment 59815
View attachment 59816

The issue I reported about the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus using what appears to be the parking mode G-sensor sensitivity settings when the camera is first powered on in normal recording mode, is still ongoing. Pittasoft support wanted me to reformat the microSD cards, install the firmware again using a manual update of the firmware via the microSD card and test again. On 15-Feb-2022, I configured the dashcams as requested and performed a test drive. Didn't fix anything. Both of those dashcams are in hypersensitive mode until I allow them to enter/exit parking mode. All normal recordings after they enter/exit parking mode for the first time since being powered up are "good" (not overly sensitive). I created a very detailed report with file listings, maps and a detailed explanation. Still waiting to hear back after that was sent to Pittasoft customer support on 15-Feb-2022.

DR750X-3CH Plus Unboxing / Features video.

I've been trying to get some closure on some of the long term technical issues with the X Plus series rear cameras and some questions I have regarding the DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam before I complete my technical review of the DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam. There was also a death in the family this past month, so that has slowed the progress as well.

Today, I extracted the unboxing/feature over portion of my technical review video into its own video. I just uploaded that to my YouTube channel.

With regard to the G-sensor sensitivity being outrageously sensitive during normal recording mode between initial power up and the first parking mode session, the issue continues to occur. The DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus dashcams in my car both behave this way.

When did this G-sensor issue start?

I was reviewing dashcam video files I have stored for the past couple of months. It appears that both the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus were operating correctly (with regard to this issue) up through 04-Feb-2022. On 05-Feb-2022, I see this issue for the first time.

Both dashcams had their latest firmware versions installed around 18-Jan-2022. DR750X-2CH Plus firmware 1.007 and DR750X-3CH Plus 1.002. It does not look like the firmware update itself is the root cause of the issue. On 14-Feb-2022, I was requested by Pittasoft to format the microSD cards and manually install the latest firmware again for both dashcams. That did not resolve the issue.

One thing I recall that took place around the time the problem showed up in both dashcams, is that I used the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program v3.08 on my Windows laptop to set both dashcams to have the exact same sensitivity values (2,2,2 normal mode / 9,9,9 parking mode).

I'm wondering if there might be some sort of problem using the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program to adjust those settings. I don’t know why it would only impact normal recording mode after powering up the dashcam, but might there be something to that idea.

On 02-Mar-2022, I drove my car on the usual route in town. I only parked at the local post office for about 3 minutes. The DR750X-3CH Plus is hardwired using the 3-wire power cable with a 3-wire capable dashcam battery pack providing the power. The DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam is powered by the 12-volt cigarette plug adapter plugged into a BlackVue B-112 battery pack. Since the DR750X-2CH Plus only enters parking mode when the vehicle is motionless for 5-minutes, the DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam never entered parking mode during that trip.

The 5.2 miles of roads that I drove on after the first parking mode session (DR750X-3CH Plus) were considered normal with no events. The DR750X-2CH Plus considered those same 5.2 miles of roads worthy of generating event files. The only difference being that the DR750X-3CH Plus had entered parking mode while the DR750X-2CH Plus (as explained above) did not enter parking mode.

I've provided all of this info to Pittasoft customer support. I'm still waiting to hear back on what the resolution of this issue could/should be.

View attachment 59817 View attachment 59818

View attachment 59815
View attachment 59816

I was hoping to get a firmware fix from Pittasoft to resolve the dark rear camera video issue, but that issue has been dragging on for months now. I decided to release my review video as things are right now with this dashcam.

Great review of the DR750x 3ch Plus... Very thorough and good comparison with Viofo!

Based on your earlier comments, it appears you brought to the attention of Blackvue last September/October, or earlier, that their rear dashcams record darker video than their front dashcams. Based on your analysis, this is apparently occurring with any of their dashcams that have the Starvis IMX 327 sensors.

Has Pittasoft/Blackvue acknowledged the problem? Have they said they intend to correct it with a firmware update? Hopefully so!

Great review of the DR750x 3ch Plus... Very thorough and good comparison with Viofo!

Based on your earlier comments, it appears you brought to the attention of Blackvue last September/October, or earlier, that their rear dashcams record darker video than their front dashcams. Based on your analysis, this is apparently occurring with any of their dashcams that have the Starvis IMX 327 sensors.

Has Pittasoft/Blackvue acknowledged the problem? Have they said they intend to correct it with a firmware update? Hopefully so!
I did first report this issue to Pittasoft in the last September/October. The first few weeks were spent convincing Pittasoft I had a real problem with the brightness level of the rear camera video from the "X Series" dashcams. It seemed I was the only person reporting this issue to them. When I reviewed the DR900X-2CH Plus dashcam, I didn't notice the darker rear video because the lighting conditions (always sunny / hot California summers) do not provoke the darker video as well as partly cloudy / cloudy skies. Since the review of the DR900X-2CH Plus was done, I wasn't dumping the video files on a trip-by-trip basis any longer so when the days started to become a bit more overcast, I didn't notice the issue right away.

Pittasoft did start working with me by sending a replacement dashcam and additional dashcams to see if it was one dashcam or a general issue. All of the "X Plus" series dashcams use the same rear "Model Number RC110F" camera which has the Sony STARVIS IMX327 image sensor. A DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam was sent to me because the front and rear cameras have the same Sony STARVIS IMX327 image sensor. I have a 2CH installed with both the front and rear cameras installed on my front windshield so they're exposed to the exact same lighting conditions. In most situations, the rear camera definitely generates darker video compared to the front camera. As a test, I moved the DR750X-2CH Plus into a second vehicle to see if the window glass in my first car was making this occur, but the problem was still present in the second vehicle.

I had hoped by the time I was done with my DR750X-3CH Plus review, there might be a fix (updated firmware) that would resolve the issue, but Pittasoft engineering is still investigating the issue. I have spent an enormous amount of time and effort testing this issue and supplying screenshots and raw video files to Pittasoft as part of the problem investigation. I notified Pittasoft of my review video for the 3CH being released and they stated they would try to get an update from the engineering department on my open technical issues.

I've been checking whether the DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam has the same bug I reported to Pittasoft when I reviewed the DR900X-2CH where it would drop nearly one second of video every minute at the file transition for the rear camera. I've confirmed that bug is present in the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus. I also found that the dropped video issue is present in the interior video files for the DR750X-3CH Plus. It drops 22 to 30 frames at the end of each file when it is transitioning to the next video file (every minute).
Have they fixed this bug yet?

I did first report this issue to Pittasoft in the last September/October. The first few weeks were spent convincing Pittasoft I had a real problem with the brightness level of the rear camera video from the "X Series" dashcams. It seemed I was the only person reporting this issue to them. When I reviewed the DR900X-2CH Plus dashcam, I didn't notice the darker rear video because the lighting conditions (always sunny / hot California summers) do not provoke the darker video as well as partly cloudy / cloudy skies. Since the review of the DR900X-2CH Plus was done, I wasn't dumping the video files on a trip-by-trip basis any longer so when the days started to become a bit more overcast, I didn't notice the issue right away.

Pittasoft did start working with me by sending a replacement dashcam and additional dashcams to see if it was one dashcam or a general issue. All of the "X Plus" series dashcams use the same rear "Model Number RC110F" camera which has the Sony STARVIS IMX327 image sensor. A DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam was sent to me because the front and rear cameras have the same Sony STARVIS IMX327 image sensor. I have a 2CH installed with both the front and rear cameras installed on my front windshield so they're exposed to the exact same lighting conditions. In most situations, the rear camera definitely generates darker video compared to the front camera. As a test, I moved the DR750X-2CH Plus into a second vehicle to see if the window glass in my first car was making this occur, but the problem was still present in the second vehicle.

I had hoped by the time I was done with my DR750X-3CH Plus review, there might be a fix (updated firmware) that would resolve the issue, but Pittasoft engineering is still investigating the issue. I have spent an enormous amount of time and effort testing this issue and supplying screenshots and raw video files to Pittasoft as part of the problem investigation. I notified Pittasoft of my review video for the 3CH being released and they stated they would try to get an update from the engineering department on my open technical issues.
Thank you for your lengthy reply. It's clear that you have done lots of work on this issue. Hopefully Pittasoft/Blackvue does something to fix the problem.

Have they fixed this bug yet?
No. In fact the most recent reply I received from Pittasoft support is that their R&D team has stated this is done by design to keep the front (and now interior) video files in sync with the front video file.

I don't really accept that as a valid response since for a long time last year (2021) I was being told that it was being investigated and that a firmware fix should eventually be available to fix it.

I'm still waiting on a response from Pittasoft support on my "really, it's by design" response to their statement.

I sent in a request to Blackvue's tech department for a fix. They requested that I send in sample videos so they could see what I'm talking about.

I have taken some video late this afternoon with both dashcams mounted to the front windshield. I'm not sure how different/bad the videos happen to be... I'll let you and BV know shortly.

Here are 2 1-minute video clips (front & rear cams) I took while driving yesterday. I hope the links work alright. They seem like they're playing very fast; I really wasn't driving fast at all. I guess I'll learn how to correctly upload dashcam videos at some point...

It's clear that the rear dashcam is recording much darker than my front dashcam (DR750X- 2 Ch LTE Plus (Starvis IMX 327 Sensor). I have forwarded these videos to Pittasoft and expect to hear back from them regarding some solution. Thanks to @rcg530 for guiding us through this Blackvue issue.

Video 1 – Front Camera
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GqH3v-pOCAx2kORgqOoqCnPSXDMSc4f/view?usp=sharing

Video 1 – Rear Camera

Last edited:
Here are 2 1-minute video clips (front & rear cams) I took while driving yesterday. I hope the links work alright. They seem like they're playing very fast; I really wasn't driving fast at all. I guess I'll learn how to correctly upload dashcam videos at some point...

It's clear that the rear dashcam is recording much darker than my front dashcam (DR750X- 2 Ch LTE Plus (Starvis IMX 327 Sensor). I have forwarded these videos to Pittasoft and expect to hear back from them regarding some solution. Thanks to @rcg530 for guiding us through this Blackvue issue.

Video 1 – Front Camera
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14GqH3v-pOCAx2kORgqOoqCnPSXDMSc4f/view?usp=sharing

Video 1 – Rear Camera
I downloaded the two video files. I can definitely see the rear video is darker. The situations that yield the darkest rear video compared to the front is with the sun behind clouds. The front video will have the clouds almost fully blown it (with the ground level at a good exposure level) while the rear camera adjusts the exposure level to keep the bottom side of the clouds fully viewable making the ground level objects far too dark.

During my testing, Pittasoft had me tilt down the rear camera to not have it fixated on the sky too much. Your rear camera is aimed a bit higher, so Pittasoft may ask you to point it down a bit to match the front camera.

I downloaded the two video files. I can definitely see the rear video is darker. The situations that yield the darkest rear video compared to the front is with the sun behind clouds. The front video will have the clouds almost fully blown it (with the ground level at a good exposure level) while the rear camera adjusts the exposure level to keep the bottom side of the clouds fully viewable making the ground level objects far too dark.

During my testing, Pittasoft had me tilt down the rear camera to not have it fixated on the sky too much. Your rear camera is aimed a bit higher, so Pittasoft may ask you to point it down a bit to match the front camera.
I tried to have both dashcams focusing on the same amount of dash/hood. Perhaps the rear cam has slightly less dash, but not much less.

I believe I heard that Blackvue "used to" provide users with a setting that allowed them to adjust exposure on each dashcam. One would think that would be a good solution. Or at least a setting for just the rear dashcam.

Back