DR750X-3CH Plus Review

I tried to have both dashcams focusing on the same amount of dash/hood. Perhaps the rear cam has slightly less dash, but not much less.
During my testing for this issue, Pittasoft was quite insistent that the front/rear cameras (when on the same window glass) contain the "same" amount of sky/ground.

I believe I heard that Blackvue "used to" provide users with a setting that allowed them to adjust exposure on each dashcam. One would think that would be a good solution. Or at least a setting for just the rear dashcam.
The older DR900X-2CH (non Plus) still has (using latest firmware v1.009) the EV firmware settings available. I believe with the "X Plus" series of dashcams, Pittasoft removed the EV settings since it was difficult for their developers to continue to work on firmware that allowed for a user-selected EV setting and to account for that in all other aspects of the dashcam (if I recall correctly). The "X Plus" series dashcam firmware gives full control to the Pittasoft developer to create the logic to best select the EV level for the current lighting conditions.

They appear to have done a good job with the same image sensor in the front camera, but the rear camera's EV selection logic is definitely (IMO) messed up.

DR900X_1.009_Video_Settings.png

@StrayCam and others interested in the "X Plus" series dark video from the rear camera, I have a thread on that specific topic on this site.

BlackVue X Plus Series Rear Camera - Dark Rear Video

I'll update that thread with information specific to this issue since it impacts multiple BlackVue "X Plus" series dashcams.

I've been testing the DR750X-3CH Plus along with a DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam in my vehicle for a while now. Recently, I connected my CM100LTE connectivity device to the DR750X-3CH Plus using the USB hub included in the DR750X-3CH Plus box.

While reviewing video, I was seeing a large number of normal mode driving impact events ( _EF, _EI, _ER ) files. After I added the CM100LTE, I noticed my phone was alerting A LOT during the first driving segment of my trips. After I would park the vehicle and the dashcam went into parking mode and then I started driving again, the insane number of impact events went back to normal (small number or none).

I have the G-sensor settings for driving mode set to 2,2,2. The parking mode G-sensor settings are 9,9,9.
View attachment 59817 View attachment 59818

As a test, I decreased the parking mode settings to 5,5,5 and went on a test drive. The number of normal driving mode impact events went way down.

I restored the parking mode G-sensor settings to 9,9,9. On 10-Feb-2022, I went on a short trip into town. Just about every 1-minute segment of the drive was considered a normal mode impact event (see file listing screenshots included below). I parked the car for just over 45 minutes. On the trip back home, I drove over the exact same roads and there were no alerts being generated and all of the video files were "_N" normal driving mode video files.

On 11-Feb-2022, I went on a much longer trip (almost 30 miles round trip). The same pattern was observed. The driving segment when I left my home and drove to the first stop (of four), the number of alerts and normal mode event files was outrageously high. After making the first stop and letting the dashcam go into parking mode, the remaining normal driving segments only generated normal recording files.

I power off my dashcams while parked at home. They are powered by dashcam battery packs and I have no need to drain those battery packs nor do I need to record the inside of my garage for hours and hours. Before I leave my home, I restore power to my dashcams.

It appears when the DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus are first powered up, they appear to not get initialized with the proper G-sensor settings for normal driving mode.

I have firmware v1.002 installed in the DR750X-3CH Plus and v1.007 installed in the DR750X-2CH Plus.

I don't recall this behavior before the recent firmware upgrades, but I did not have the CM100LTE connected to the DR750X-3CH Plus until just this past week.

I've reported the issue to BlackVue/Pittasoft and I'm waiting on a response from them.

Here are screenshots of the files from the 10-Feb-2022 trip into town. The first red outlined set of files are the impact event files while driving into town. The second red outlined set of files are the normal mode video files driving back home.
View attachment 59815
View attachment 59816
On 12-Feb-2022, I created the post in this thread that I've quoted in this post about a strange behavior I've been observing with the DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus dashcams that I have installed in my car.

The erroneous event file creation after initial dashcam power up (normal recording mode events) through the first parking mode session continue to occur. There are so many push notifications being generated by the DR750X-3CH Plus events, that I get a question from iOS asking if I wish to mute the push notifications because there are so many of them in such a short period of time. The other part of this issue is that the dashcam is uploading these event files to the BlackVue Cloud consuming far more of my monthly 2GB of 4G LTE data quota than I would like since they are bogus events.

I've driven on specific routes to see if the erroneous normal mode events only occur between initial power up and the first parking mode session or if they occur each time I drive that stretch of road.

On 15-Feb-2022, I performed the most detailed test of this issue. The basic premise of the test was to power up the dashcams, drive a specific route to a location where I allowed one of the dashcams to go into parking mode (DR750X-3CH Plus powered by 3-wire hardwiring cable / battery pack) and not allow the second dashcam to go into parking mode (DR750X-2CH Plus - parked less than 5 minutes and powered by cigarette lighter / power port adapter and B-112 battery pack). I drove to a destination midway along the same route and parked for more than 5 minutes (allowing DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam to go into parking mode for the first time on this test trip). I then drove back to destination one, I then turned the car around and I then drove on the same roads back home.

The test results from my 15-Feb-2022 test supported my pre-existing problem statement. If the problem were the roads I was driving on the erroneous events would continue to occur, but they no longer occurred after the dashcam was allowed to enter/exit parking mode and then drive on the same roads.

When did this G-sensor issue start?

I was reviewing dashcam video files I have stored for the past couple of months. It appears that both the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus were operating correctly (with regard to this issue) up through 04-Feb-2022. Starting on 05-Feb-2022, I see this issue for the first time with the first driving segment (normal mode) generating numerous erroneous normal recording mode event files until the first parking mode session takes place.

Both of the dashcams had their latest firmware versions installed around 18-Jan-2022. DR750X-2CH Plus firmware 1.007 and DR750X-3CH Plus 1.002. It does not look like the firmware update itself is the root cause of the issue. On 14-Feb-2022, Pittasoft requested I format the microSD cards and manually install the latest firmware again for both dashcams. That did not resolve the issue.

One thing I recall that took place around the time the problem showed up in both dashcams, is that I used the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program v3.08 on my Windows laptop to set both dashcams to have the same sensitivity values (2,2,2 normal mode / 9,9,9 parking mode).

Might there be some sort of problem using the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program to adjust those settings?

On 08-Mar-2022, I sent an email to Pittasoft asking for an update. There's been no response to my request for an update.

On 12-Feb-2022, I created the post in this thread that I've quoted in this post about a strange behavior I've been observing with the DR750X-3CH Plus and DR750X-2CH Plus dashcams that I have installed in my car.

The erroneous event file creation after initial dashcam power up (normal recording mode events) through the first parking mode session continue to occur. There are so many push notifications being generated by the DR750X-3CH Plus events, that I get a question from iOS asking if I wish to mute the push notifications because there are so many of them in such a short period of time. The other part of this issue is that the dashcam is uploading these event files to the BlackVue Cloud consuming far more of my monthly 2GB of 4G LTE data quota than I would like since they are bogus events.

I've driven on specific routes to see if the erroneous normal mode events only occur between initial power up and the first parking mode session or if they occur each time I drive that stretch of road.

On 15-Feb-2022, I performed the most detailed test of this issue. The basic premise of the test was to power up the dashcams, drive a specific route to a location where I allowed one of the dashcams to go into parking mode (DR750X-3CH Plus powered by 3-wire hardwiring cable / battery pack) and not allow the second dashcam to go into parking mode (DR750X-2CH Plus - parked less than 5 minutes and powered by cigarette lighter / power port adapter and B-112 battery pack). I drove to a destination midway along the same route and parked for more than 5 minutes (allowing DR750X-2CH Plus dashcam to go into parking mode for the first time on this test trip). I then drove back to destination one, I then turned the car around and I then drove on the same roads back home.

The test results from my 15-Feb-2022 test supported my pre-existing problem statement. If the problem were the roads I was driving on the erroneous events would continue to occur, but they no longer occurred after the dashcam was allowed to enter/exit parking mode and then drive on the same roads.

When did this G-sensor issue start?

I was reviewing dashcam video files I have stored for the past couple of months. It appears that both the DR750X-2CH Plus and DR750X-3CH Plus were operating correctly (with regard to this issue) up through 04-Feb-2022. Starting on 05-Feb-2022, I see this issue for the first time with the first driving segment (normal mode) generating numerous erroneous normal recording mode event files until the first parking mode session takes place.

Both of the dashcams had their latest firmware versions installed around 18-Jan-2022. DR750X-2CH Plus firmware 1.007 and DR750X-3CH Plus 1.002. It does not look like the firmware update itself is the root cause of the issue. On 14-Feb-2022, Pittasoft requested I format the microSD cards and manually install the latest firmware again for both dashcams. That did not resolve the issue.

One thing I recall that took place around the time the problem showed up in both dashcams, is that I used the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program v3.08 on my Windows laptop to set both dashcams to have the same sensitivity values (2,2,2 normal mode / 9,9,9 parking mode).

Might there be some sort of problem using the BlackVue SD Card Viewer program to adjust those settings?

On 08-Mar-2022, I sent an email to Pittasoft asking for an update. There's been no response to my request for an update.
Strange problem for sure! One thing I would recommend is "not having any driving mode events getting automatically up-loaded to the cloud".. that's what I do. The only things I want uploaded to the cloud are impacts while parked.

I do not need any event alerts while I'm driving my car. Going over a bump should not give me an alert, and if I get into a crash, I will know that I got into a crash. I don't need the blackview dash cam to tell me that. - - And in your situation, the false events are using up your cloud. All the more reason to turn that automatic event upload off.

Using the 750-2Ch LTE Plus, I am not experiencing the false events that you have with your dashcam. But as you know I'm dealing with the rear dashcam dark video which "all newer Blackvue dashcams" are contending with. Hopefully, Blackvue/Pittasoft helps resolve these problems soon!

Strange problem for sure! One thing I would recommend is "not having any driving mode events getting automatically up-loaded to the cloud".. that's what I do. The only things I want uploaded to the cloud are impacts while parked.

I do not need any event alerts while I'm driving my car. Going over a bump should not give me an alert, and if I get into a crash, I will know that I got into a crash. I don't need the blackview dash cam to tell me that. - - And in your situation, the false events are using up your cloud. All the more reason to turn that automatic event upload off.

Using the 750-2Ch LTE Plus, I am not experiencing the false events that you have with your dashcam. But as you know I'm dealing with the rear dashcam dark video which "all newer Blackvue dashcams" are contending with. Hopefully, Blackvue/Pittasoft helps resolve these problems soon!
I understand that I can turn off the auto upload of normal mode events, but I wanted to point out to Pittasoft that because of this bug/problem a BlackVue dashcam buyer may have this occur to them and cause excessive bandwidth consumption on the LTE data plan. If the correct "normal mode" g-sensor settings were being used during the period between initial power up and the first parking mode session, there wouldn't be anything to notify about or auto upload to the cloud. I would like to leave the auto upload feature enabled for those events in case my vehicle is in a severe accident and my family needs to see what took place and I'm not able to discuss the situation with them after the accident (in the hospital or worse).

Here are the events from my 11-Mar-2022 weekly shopping trip. The driving segment from my home to the first destination is littered with "Impact detected in normal mode" notifications. There are only a couple of 1-minute segments without an impact event and that's because the car was stationary (at a stop light or in a fast food drive thru line). After the first parking mode session takes place, normal mode recordings are "normal" again. I did have one additional impact event in normal mode at 11:24:02, but that was due to a harsh bump (harsh up/down motion detected by the dashcam) and it was a legit event.

When you view the "event" videos in the BlackVue SD Card viewer program, the "G-sensor" panel shows that none of the X/Y/Z motion values violated the "2" normal mode g-sensor sensitivity setting.

If I drive on the same roads that the dashcam thought were "Impact detected" worthy after entering and exiting a parking mode session, no impact events are detected by the dashcam (DR750X-3CH Plus or DR750X-2CH Plus). As part of my 15-Feb-2022 road test, I made sure I drove the same roads before and after the first parking mode event to prove that point to Pittasoft.

Definitely a strange issue and I'm not sure if using the BlackVue SD Card Viewer on 04-Feb-2022 to set the G-Sensor setting values caused the situation to start occurring, but the following day was the first time this occurred and it continues to occur each time I drive the vehicle.

2022-03-11-dr750x3chplus_events.PNG

I understand that I can turn off the auto upload of normal mode events, but I wanted to point out to Pittasoft that because of this bug/problem a BlackVue dashcam buyer may have this occur to them and cause excessive bandwidth consumption on the LTE data plan. If the correct "normal mode" g-sensor settings were being used during the period between initial power up and the first parking mode session, there wouldn't be anything to notify about or auto upload to the cloud. I would like to leave the auto upload feature enabled for those events in case my vehicle is in a severe accident and my family needs to see what took place and I'm not able to discuss the situation with them after the accident (in the hospital or worse).

Here are the events from my 11-Mar-2022 weekly shopping trip. The driving segment from my home to the first destination is littered with "Impact detected in normal mode" notifications. There are only a couple of 1-minute segments without an impact event and that's because the car was stationary (at a stop light or in a fast food drive thru line). After the first parking mode session takes place, normal mode recordings are "normal" again. I did have one additional impact event in normal mode at 11:24:02, but that was due to a harsh bump (harsh up/down motion detected by the dashcam) and it was a legit event.

When you view the "event" videos in the BlackVue SD Card viewer program, the "G-sensor" panel shows that none of the X/Y/Z motion values violated the "2" normal mode g-sensor sensitivity setting.

If I drive on the same roads that the dashcam thought were "Impact detected" worthy after entering and exiting a parking mode session, no impact events are detected by the dashcam (DR750X-3CH Plus or DR750X-2CH Plus). As part of my 15-Feb-2022 road test, I made sure I drove the same roads before and after the first parking mode event to prove that point to Pittasoft.

Definitely a strange issue and I'm not sure if using the BlackVue SD Card Viewer on 04-Feb-2022 to set the G-Sensor setting values caused the situation to start occurring, but the following day was the first time this occurred and it continues to occur each time I drive the vehicle.

View attachment 60031
I understand this is a "real problem" for Blackvue and their customers. My suggestion to not automatically upload normal driving mode videos is just to make things easier and yes, to use less data.

With my 750-2ch LTE plus, luckily I'm not getting the false triggered events... Although I keep my g-sensors for normal mode set to 1,2,2. At that, they never go off while I'm driving.

Aside from my personal preferences, that doesn't negate Blackvue's responsibility to fix their dashcam problems. - My assumption is that they are one of the better companies to take care of problems like this... hopefully I'm right about that.

With regard to the G-sensor problem after power up and before the first parking mode session, I wanted to see if the problem was common to multiple BlackVue dashcams or specific to the DR750X Plus dashcam series. Based on my test findings, only the DR750X Plus series dashcams suffer from this problem.

Test Setup
  • BlackVue X series 3-wire hardwiring harness was used to provide power to the X series dashcam
  • BlackVue Android app v3.31 is used to configure the dashcam’s sensitivity settings from whatever they were before to “2,2,2” for normal mode and “9,9,9” for parking mode.
  • After configuring and saving the firmware settings change, the dashcam is fully powered down (no constant power, no accessory power).
  • I only used the front dashcam in my test to reduce the number of video files generated
  • Dashcam is powered up and enter normal recording mode
  • Dashcam is left sitting motionless on a desk/table for a short period of time
  • The dashcam is gently moved in all three directions (X/Y/Z) enough to register with the g-sensor, but nowhere near enough to trigger an “event”
  • The gentle motion continues with some periods of no movement for a few minutes
    • This is to allow the dashcam to create several different “normal mode” or “event” files
  • Dashcam is placed into parking mode by removing the accessory power – for about 30 seconds
  • Dashcam has the accessory power restored to have it exit parking mode and return to normal recording mode
  • The same type of gentle movements are executed again (just like before parking mode)
Results
  • DR750X Plus – DR750X-2CH Plus was used with firmware v1.007
    • Immediately after power up
      • When the dashcam was sitting motionless on the table, it would create a normal mode recording file
      • When the dashcam was being gently moved, it would generate event files for almost any level of movement
      • The movement intensity did not qualify for an event when you review the video files in the BlackVue SD card viewer app
    • After first parking mode session
      • The gentle movements of the dashcam did not result in any erroneous event files to be created, only normal mode recording files like it should
  • DR900X Plus – DR900X-2CH Plus was used with firmware v1.005
    • Immediately after power up
      • The dashcam only created normal mode files for the gentle movements.
        • I did have one “movement” (when setting the DR900X Plus front camera down on the table) that resulted in an event file, but it was because the up/down movement reached the “2” level of movement – it was a legit event file
      • The DR900X Plus did not generate any erroneous event files between the power up of the dashcam and the first parking mode session
    • After first parking mode session
      • The dashcam continued to only create normal mode files for times when the movement was well below the amount of movement required to generate event files – works correctly!
Conclusion

The problem I have reported to Pittasoft appears to be specific to the DR750X Plus dashcams. I have replicated this behavior with two different DR750X-2CH Plus dashcams and one DR750X-3CH Plus dashcam.

DR750X Plus G-Sensor Problem

I recently performed a series of firmware version tests using a DR750X-2CH Plus dash cam and a DR750X-3CH Plus dash cam to see if the problem of the incorrect G-Sensor values being used for the very first "Normal Mode" after the dash cam was powered up was version specific and/or fixed at any point. The change log entries for the various firmware versions did not mention this issue.
  • DR750X Plus (1CH/2CH)
    • Version 1.007 (Released 2022-01-18)
      • I first encountered this bug using this firmware version
      • On 2022-05-28, I downgraded the firmware on one of the DR750X-2CH Plus dash cams that I have for testing
      • Bug was reproduced using firmware 1.007
    • Version 1.008 (Released 2022-04-06)
      • I did not include this version in my testing on 2022-05-28 since it was only available for two days
    • Version 1.009 (Released 2022-04-08)
      • During my execution of the test steps, the bug was not reproduced
    • Version 1.010 (Released 2022-05-11)
  • DR750X-3CH Plus
    • Version 1.002 (Released 2022-01-18)
      • I first encountered this bug using this firmware version
      • My dash cam still had firmware version 1.002 installed. I confirmed the G-Sensor settings were set to “normal mode” = 2,2,2 and “parking mode” = 9,9,9
      • Bug was reproduced using firmware 1.002
    • Version 1.003 (Released 2022-05-18)

DR750X-3CH Plus Interior Video/Audio Out Of Sync

This issue is listed as one of the fixed issues (#2 in the list from the change log info) in the DR750X-3CH Plus 1.003 firmware release.

I can confirm that this issue is fixed when using firmware 1.003.

BlackVue 1.003 Change Log Info From BlackVue Website

BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus (v.1.003_2022.05.18)

WHAT’S NEW:

1. This version adds a Seamless Pairing ON/OFF toggle.
    You can find it under Firmware settings >> System tab >> Seamless pairing.
  2. Fixed an interior camera audio sync issue.
  3. Fixed an issue where the camera would not create Event files in case of Undetected or Distracted driver status (DMC100).
  4. Fixed an issue where a crash would occur upon startup when the system time was ahead of the GMT time.
  5. Fixed an issue where the video would stutter when using Wi-Fi Live View with the interior camera.

Last edited:
BlackVue has a new firmware release for various DR750X-3CH Plus dash cams:

BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus (v.1.004_2022.06.23)

Models Concerned:​

DR750X-3CH Plus v.1.004​

• DR750X-3CH Plus
  • DR750X-3CH TRUCK Plus
  • DR750X-3CH DMS Plus
  • DR750X-3CH DMS TRUCK Plus

WHAT’S NEW:​

1. Fixed an issue that prevented switching between the front, rear and interior cameras in Cloud Live View.
  2. Fixed an issue where Live Event Upload feeds from the interior or DMC100 camera would fail to upload.
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v3.34 / iOS v3.33 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v3.11 / Mac v3.12 and up.
BlackVue Web Viewer (Cloud)

Last edited:
If parking mode is important, I would go with Viofo A139. I'm not quite sure how parking mode works in Vantrue cameras, but I think it's event detection without buffer, meaning it would record after it was "hit", but doesn't record anything before the accident.

The Vantrue N4 might be easier to install as it's just the main camera and rear camera whereas the Viofo A139 is three separate units, main, interior, and rear; but since you're paying to install, don't think it matters too much.

Back