DR750X Hardwire Parking Mode Override Switch

LiveTrash

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I've purchased a DR750X 2CH camera and am trying to use the included hardwiring kit. I'm used to using my PowerMagic Pro in my other vehicle with a DR750S 2CH. I like having the override switch to have the camera shut down when the vehicle is off if I am parked at home or at work.

My current issue is with the DR750X hardwiring kit as it does not have an override switch. I have tried putting a switch in line with the BATT+ wire to interrupt constant power when the vehicle is off, however when I turn the vehicle on, giving power to the ACC+ wire, the camera will not turn on unless I have the switch for the BATT+ on as well. They both seem to need power despite power being delivered to the ACC+ wire when the vehicle is on. With this being said, as a test, I also tried providing just the BATT+ with power while leaving the ACC+ wire disconnected, which also does not work. ACC+ still needs to be connected to it's fuse even though it isn't getting power. Is this just the way it is supposed to work?

If this is the case, what is the point of having a BATT+ and an ACC+ wire if they both need power? Why not just have a BATT+ and a NEG- wire and call it a day? Or am I missing something here?

Any info is appreciated as I would like to just have a single rocker switch to control the parking mode override rather than a PowerMagic Pro unit mounted in the vehicle (as it isn't easily hidden).
Thanks.

If a switch in the batt supply line does not turn the camera off your ACC must be powering the camera then.

Acc wire is used to turn the cam on/off or trigger parking mode; depending on the configuration of your cam.
So with p mode enabled your cam should enter p mode when voltage in acc wire drops to 0V. But your cam also consumes power in p mode and the bat wire provides this power. That is why your cam needs 3 wires: constant 12-15V (batt), ACC and ground (0V)
ACC voltage disappear when you remove the key so with a switch on the batt wire leave acc connected.

Back