DR750X Plus vs. DR900X Plus comparisons

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I started with a DR750X Plus, but swapped it for the DR900X Plus. I did not have them mounted together. My commute is the same router are the same time every day (+/- 5 min) so I do have some video from each to try and compare. Since they are not recorded side by side there will be some differences. I have not done video editing in years so I need to get up to speed on VSDC to try and put better side by side shots totgher, but this is a rough first comparison.

This is within 3 minutes on 2 different days. To me the 750 image initially looks more saturated, but I think that is becasue the 900 image has the range flatted to to and capture more details at the extremes of the exposure.

My initial thought was moving from 750X+ to 9--X+ I would trade low light details for more daylight details. I am not sure that holds up as I do not seem to see any more details in the low light areas on the 750X+ when I look at these side by side on my computer using original files off the camera. I will try and put a few more night and daylight comparison together this weekend and figure out how to not have them compress on my side.

YouTube really compressed the heck of of these.

UPDATED 2021-10-03

OK I did a much better job of making this video more accurate with the scaling and cropping to line it up better and preserve as much detail as posson;e on YouTube.

Updated video, figured out how to upload 4K to YouTube.

Last edited:
I spliced some daytime video together. You will need to give YouTube a few hours to process the HD version as it was a large file. Note that again, same route 2 different days and becasue my speed varied the synchronization is not as good as the night video.

The struggle in doing a video like this is the reencoding that goes on as the 900X is 4K 30fps and the 750X is 1080P 60fps, so basically everything get re-encoded. I did encode it to preserve 100% quality and used 60fps as the target, which wound up generating a 12gb file to send to YouTube.

I just got my 900x+ does your audio clip and distort during loud music with bass? My DR750S is recording right next to it and doesn't have that issue. I hope I don't have a hardware issue already. :unsure:

I will check, but I rarely listen to the audio.

I will post samples from both cams soon.

Hmm they were responsive to me about 2 weeks ago in swapping my bad rear camera. What was disappointing is they only cover warranty shipping on DOA in the first 7 days otherwise the return is on your cost.

Hmm they were responsive to me about 2 weeks ago in swapping my bad rear camera. What was disappointing is they only cover warranty shipping on DOA in the first 7 days otherwise the return is on your cost.

I just used the chat feature and got through to Blackboxmycar. There was nothing in trash or junk mail, but still had to put them on my safe senders list. Thanks Microsoft!

They are processing an RMA. (y):D (faith restored)

Last edited:
I like blackboxmycar, but dealing with international shipping and their short DOA warranty will have me going to dash cam store in TX going forward. I ordered a DR750X Plus form Dash Cam Store and was not happy with it, usually they charge a restocking fee on opened items, but becasue I bought a DR900X Plus form them they waived the restocking fees.

And While I like the Blackvuew DR900X Plus, I am less than impressed with them as a company. Some where in the future when I need to replace these I am hoping the competition in 4K has gotten better and I will likely switch.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into extending our DOA period.

Do note that we do offer return labels for $25 and we don't charge taxes on your order if it's under $800.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll look into extending our DOA period.

Do note that we do offer return labels for $25 and we don't charge taxes on your order if it's under $800.

I utilized that and it made it back over 3000 miles in about 1 day. At least make the DOA same as cell phones, typically 14 days. Very happy with the customer service overall.

Back