DR750X unable to connect to WiFi hotspot - Intermittent connection

TimU

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a brand-new DR750X-2CH dashcam which is unable to reliably connect to my garage WiFi access point hotspot.

I have another DR750S-2CH dashcam which connects fine to the same access point (and Cloud services) but the DR750X-2CH struggles and can only intermittently connect.

I also tried connecting the Cam to a dedicated 2.4Ghz WiFi portable hotspot (sitting on the dash), but unfortunately I have the same issue - I can not get it to connect to the AP at all.

I can successfully connect my phone to the cam's local WiFi hotspot to view videos, firmware configuration, etc.

The symptoms are quite unusual.
For testing, I'm running a constant ping from my home network to the cam's IP address so that I can see when it connects.

The cam intermittently establishes a connection for anywhere between 1-3 seconds before the connection drops out again.

Here's an example:
Untitled.png
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

TimU, were you able to get this resolved?

I find the BlackVue cloud connectivity absolutely rubbish!
The BlackVue app is terrible, but the cloud connectivity takes this to a new level!!!!
So far, I have used a 2.4Ghz NBN network (Australia) and no connection to Cloud...a Netgear Nighthawk 4G wifi router (again only 2.4Ghz) and no connection.
Does anyone know if there is a major issue, or is just flakey software???

Thanks

The lack of "any reply"to your question 4 months ago by anyone connected to Blackvue speaks volumes about Blackvue support/quality. - No replies to you from BlackboxMyCar, TheDashcamStore or just mere users of Blackvue dashcams here on DashCamTalk?

I can guarantee if there was a question having anything to do with Viofo dashcams there would have been numerous replies so far!

This is good information for prospective buyers of both Blackvue and Viofo dashcams.

The lack of "any reply"to your question 4 months ago by anyone connected to Blackvue speaks volumes about Blackvue support/quality. - No replies to you from BlackboxMyCar, TheDashcamStore or just mere users of Blackvue dashcams here on DashCamTalk?

I can guarantee if there was a question having anything to do with Viofo dashcams there would have been numerous replies so far!

This is good information for prospective buyers of both Blackvue and Viofo dashcams.

Well, that's a pretty large leap in logic. Throwing the BS flag on this.

Did you miss both me AND BBMC replying to him? And he said he's already spoken to BV's Australia support desk, who gave him troubleshooting guidance.

Dude showed up, asked a question, replied once, gave no further feedback at all, and 8 days later ghosted the forum never to be seen again. Happens a lot.

Either he sorted it out to his satisfaction or threw it in the trash, or something in between. Could also be that he got help from one of those sources you mention directly, not here on the forum.

It's nearly impossible to diagnose his issue from the info he provided. Could just as easily been a problem with his router/hub location/internet service or a dozen other things.

Doesn't mean BV cams are garbage. I have two, and they work as advertised, no issues whatsoever with cloud connectivity.

No, it is not a leap in logic at all. I can assure you that dozens if not hundreds of people have read the thread above and "jumped to their own conclusions". No answers from anyone signifies no support...

I raised another question about Blackvue a couple days ago and also got no replies just like the person above. And here I thought Blackvue was a big, reputable company...

I own a Viofo and am happy with it. I was considering a Blackvue dashcam, but think I will hold off since the support seems to be lacking. No big deal...

For good or for bad, others will make their own logical conclusions based on the information they gather.

And as I said, if this were a Viofo thread there would be a dozen replies to his query. That just tells me that Viofo is supported much more on these forums than Blackvue.

Back