DR900 2CH + Power Magic Ultra Battery B-124X

gf2019

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hello !
I'm thinking in connecting my two units of Power Magic Battery (B-124X), directly to constant fuse, instead ACC power fuse as I have now.

Anyone has experienced this change? The total time of about 12h/16h is really not enough time, after that period, all my 4 cameras die and became useless.

My car is a large , brand new Mercedes SUV, with a powerful battery.

Would this drain my car battery fast?
I see from the blackvue app that it takes DC in an average 14V / 9.0A, and output 14V / 0.4A.

With these numbers, and assuming I never leave the car more than 3/4 days parked, would it be safe to connect directly to constant fuse? Or too risky? The main difference would be that the batteries would charge 24/7, even with the car parked.
Anyone with experience on this?

My car dealer says it's fine, and if not, he would easily revert. But wanted to double check with you guys.
Thanks a lot !

Attachments

• 55F2E2FC-518A-4A92-8DB5-F167FB745B03.png
    55F2E2FC-518A-4A92-8DB5-F167FB745B03.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think you might find the battery will refuse to charge if the engine is not running, as the voltage is too low (~12v as opposed to ~14v) also the car might switch off the circuit if it sees the battery being drained.

I think the B124X is about 6amp hours whereas a large car battery might be around 100 amp hours so it would have enough power to charge the blackvues in theory and I guess there is no harm in trying however, the main point of the blackvue battery is so you dont discharge the main one! ;)

Back