DR900S-1CH just died..

willcasp

Reaction score
Country
United States
After one year of trouble free service, my DR900S no longer powers up.
I checked the power cable coming into the DR900S with a Fluke multimeter, power is as it should be.
The unit does not boot.
I checked out the SD card, reformatted it. Still does not boot.
For the price of this thing, I should get more than a year of service from it! Of course, it is out of warranty.

I am considering the 900X. I noticed that the 900X has a different direct power cable spec'd for it. However, the power requirements seem to be the same. I can't find if the polarity on the power plug is the same.

Has anyone run a 900X on their older 900S direct power wiring?

Is your DR900S hardwired? If not, try using the 12V adapter plugged directly into the cigarette socket.

The power cable for the S is different than the X series - will not fit.

Same. Quite disappointed for a £600 camera

I am considering the 900X. I noticed that the 900X has a different direct power cable spec'd for it. However, the power requirements seem to be the same. I can't find if the polarity on the power plug is the same.

Has anyone run a 900X on their older 900S direct power wiring?
(upon edit, I realized this thread is a year old)

The 900S to 900X power is not going to work. You have to replace the power wiring. Reason: 900X adds a ground to measure car battery voltage. 900X will shutdown based on a pre-determined voltage. Example: camera is (user) set to shutdown when voltage drops below 11.5v (BlackVue calls it Native Parking Mode).
I'd recommend 900X Plus if upgrading.

Back