DR900S 2 x ch keeps re starting ???

Bollos

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all had my DR900S in for around 4 months working perfectly it has the black view 128g ssd card & of course the day we are going away the camera just keeps restarting , got home did the latest firmware update still doing the same thing , has anybody else had this happen ?
i spoke to the shop that i purchased & installed it for me they said might be the ssd card bricked itself ?

Or.. perhaps you have loose connection that intermittently opens the circuit.. Check both the supply AND the ground wires.

Along with what Ralph2 said, allow me to ask, does this happen when the car is standing stationary or only when the car is moving? If it is only happening when the car is in movement, I would conclude that it is probably a faulty power/ground connection.

If it was the SD card, the system would still power on and remain powered on, but you would get a voice message saying 'checking SD card'.
This sounds like a power supply issue.
something may have disturbed the cabling or the connections (at either end). Best off checking these first.

How do you have yours powered? Is it the cigarette port connection? or hardwired with a Power Magic Pro/Ultra?
cigarette ports can be hit and miss sometimes and can become dislodged very slightly causing connection issues - so make sure everything is connected securely and not loose.

hi , it is hard wired through the power magic pro the blue light seems to stay on so not sure if it is power but i'll have it checked

It would only take an instant of power interruption to trigger a restart. I would start by wiggling every part and wire that you can access while watching the camera to find a cause and effect .. include where the system is grounded. Your problem has every indication of a loose connection.. someplace.

Hi all turned out to be the SSD card was toasted apparently from heat they replaced with another blackvue 128g card came straight up

I was going to say .. SD Card. That is definitely the weakest part of these units. Mine .. even though it is updated, there is never an SD card alert even though that was the issue in my case as well.

Once I replaced the card .. no issues. Btw .. the Blackvue cards are a scam. Just saying.

Bollos: Have you tested sd card on your PC? was it ok?
I have the same problem, tested with two different cards but still no luck.

Bollos: Have you tested sd card on your PC? was it ok?
I have the same problem, tested with two different cards but still no luck.
Out of the many deaths of my blackvue cams, my last one, the 650S refused to take any cards. It would restart so much that it couldn't even record a 3 minute video. This could certainly be the case. I've had rear camera chanel failure, Date and time failure, Gps failure and refusal to work with any SD card failure. Those are what I can recall. Expect 1-2 years from these cameras. I say this from my experience with these in the Mild Southern California weather.

Expect 1-2 years from these cameras. I say this from my experience with these in the Mild Southern California weather.

This is very disappointing because it's not cheap. I sent my unit for RMA, I will see if they replace it or repair.

Omg I am having the same issue with my thinkware, from time to time it will do a system restart while the car is parked overnight and while driving too, we have change the dash cam and all the wires but I am still having the same issue.

Out of the many deaths of my blackvue cams, my last one, the 650S refused to take any cards. It would restart so much that it couldn't even record a 3 minute video. This could certainly be the case. I've had rear camera chanel failure, Date and time failure, Gps failure and refusal to work with any SD card failure. Those are what I can recall. Expect 1-2 years from these cameras. I say this from my experience with these in the Mild Southern California weather.
This is very disappointing because it's not cheap. I sent my unit for RMA, I will see if they replace it or repair.

If that is a common lifespan for those units that is shockingly bad for such an expensive product. I have only used the DR900S for a few months to test it before deciding on which dashcam I was going to purchase so never had one long term. The person who I borrowed it from was having overheating problems with it as well as a strange red hue over part of the image.

During my dashcam decision process I was reading user reviews on the Blackvue cams in general and I was constantly seeing titles such as "Avoid", "Didn’t even last 2 years", "Paid premium but it failed to deliver", "Not worth the money" and “Can’t trust this camera.” Such a shame as it looks like a nice product and has some cool features I was interested in. These reports as well as the lack of image quality (for the price point I expect the best of the best - it is priced as such) put me off Blackvue cameras.

Last edited:
I purchased my single channel 900S in April 2018 so I sure hope the heck it last longer befor I have to buy a new one. Living in Florida it gets pretty doggone hot. Maybe I’m lucky but whatever it is, please keep on going.

I purchased my single channel 900S in April 2018 so I sure hope the heck it last longer befor I have to buy a new one. Living in Florida it gets pretty doggone hot. Maybe I’m lucky but whatever it is, please keep on going.
You should realize that the single-channel produces less heat than more common dual-channel and that’s probably the reason why you haven’t encounter the overheating issue.

Blackvue is aware of that and that’s why they’ve added the option to turn off a rear cam after 5 minutes in parking mode.

You should realize that the single-channel produces less heat than more common dual-channel and that’s probably the reason why you haven’t encounter the overheating issue.

Blackvue is aware of that and that’s why they’ve added the option to turn off a rear cam after 5 minutes in parking mode.

thanks for the heads up. Keep that in mind

Back