DR900S-2CH SD Card

jagnew

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Everyone

I've just received my DR900S-2CH and should get it installed next week. Unfortunately, in the UK, I had some trouble getting hold of one so in the end just order the 16GB option as I wanted one right away. So I currently own 2 different SD cards that I could use in the camera. I'm curious which you would use:

128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro - https://www.sandisk.co.uk/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extremepro-microsd-uhs-ii
128GB Samsung Pro Endurance - http://www.samsung.com/sg/memory-storage/pro-endurance-microsd-card/MB-MJ128GAAPC/

Any advice would be great. Thanks
Jason

Second one for no particular reason other than it claims to be 'Endurance'. I have the first one in my 750 2CH and it works fine.

I originally purchased a 128Gb SanDisk Extrem microSD card on Amazon, however I was informed by the approved Blackvue reseller/installer by this ScanDisk MicroSD cards it would invalidate my warranty on the Blackvue 900S 2CH apparently it can make the camera over heat! The recommend either a Blackvue or Delkin cards. The Delkn offer a lifetime warranty what ever that is! So bought the Delkin, as for price it was just a few about £3 cheaper than the Blackvue. I was informed there was a web page on the Blackvue website stating they do not recommend ScanDisk cards however I have not been able to find the page in question.

I would suggest either the SanDisk Ultra A1 or Transcend 400x for compatible cards for your Blackvue DR900S.
In the past, we have steered away from SanDisk cards as they have proven to be unreliable and incompatible for dash cams, but this notion has completely changed with the introduction of the new SanDisk Ultra A1.

Let me know if that works for you!

Regards,
Stuart @ BlackboxMyCar

I originally purchased a 128Gb SanDisk Extrem microSD card on Amazon, however I was informed by the approved Blackvue reseller/installer by this ScanDisk MicroSD cards it would invalidate my warranty on the Blackvue 900S 2CH apparently it can make the camera over heat! The recommend either a Blackvue or Delkin cards. The Delkn offer a lifetime warranty what ever that is! So bought the Delkin, as for price it was just a few about £3 cheaper than the Blackvue. I was informed there was a web page on the Blackvue website stating they do not recommend ScanDisk cards however I have not been able to find the page in question.

I wonder what card the people in the overheating thread are using.

Edit: Guess if its parking mode and microSD isn't being written too, probably doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I guess the SanDisk card doesn't actually mention anywhere that it's designed for constant use so that would explain why it could overheat. Whereas the Samsung mentions Dashcams and CCTV usage so it's probably better suited even though its write speed is lower at 30MB/s. But looking at BlackVue record times on max settings I believe 30MB/s should be more than enough for it.

I'm going to be using it with Cellink Neo so I can use Parking mode. I think I'll try the Samsung out for a day, if I notice anything getting hot or dropped frames I'll put the 16GB back in and see about getting an official card or Transcend 400x.

Exactly..

SanDisk Extreme Pro - warranty void

Samsung Pro Endurance - for dashcam

People get too hung up on card speeds when the interface of the camera is much slower than the card .

I'm running the Samsung now for the past 2 weeks. So far so good. I had the BV card for about 6 months and my camera would hang and not record. However, it was a DR750S 2CH on 1.006 so that might have been the cause.

it's probably a great card, whether or not your camera will work with it is the issue, they do try and restrict what cards the camera will work with in the firmware so any non Blackvue cards can be hit and miss

I actually have a 128gb class 10 micro sd card from Sandisk but the card itself seem to be smaller in size physically and the device doesn't seem to read it. I wanted to get the second link but I opted for the High endurance sandisk instead.

The thickness of the 128gb, class 10, non A1 is thinner than the supplied BV card

Well I never.
I've just put a vernier caliper on mine and they are both 0.72mm
Surely the size of SD cards is a standard?

Well I never.
I've just put a vernier caliper on mine and they are both 0.72mm
Surely the size of SD cards is a standard?
There can be a bit of variation between brands, the contacts are the same though and the differences are negligible, problem will be something other than the physical size, more likely it doesn't recognise it due to not being formatted correctly for the camera

Agreed. The manufacturing tolerance must be negligible.

At any rate, the high endurance micro sd card wasn't recognized by blackvue. it continuously says "check sd card". so i guess i have to live by whatever blackvue has provided?

hi

i have tried samsung pro edurance 128gb and samsung evo+ 512gb and both work just fine

I'd highly recommend the Samsung Pro Endurance.

It's a high end SD card. Although the read and write speeds aren't great, it can handle a lot more workload than many other SD Cards. The Samsung one also has a much longer operational life too! And it's made from a much more reputable brand too and the brand is more reliable. Sandisk has had issues with some of their SD cards.

I got my 128GB Samsung Endurance for only NZ$105. Sandisk charges NZ$200 for their 128GB SD equivalent cards, rip off. The Samsung Endurance also can survive summer and winter temperatures in your car too.

Blackvue do sell I think custom Samsung SD cards for this product. But yes I've had no corruption read or write issues with the Samsung Endurance.

Hope this helps.

Back