DR900S-2CH WIFI Keeps Turnning Off?

the_big_1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

So I first power my camera up and it appears on WiFi, I can connect to it etc no problem.
Drive for a while then park up, camera still powered up but the its disappeared of WiFi.
If I switch WiFi off and on, on the side, it comes back. Its set for cloud services so should be on all the time?

How are you connecting the camera to the WiFi? The camera itself does not act as a mobile hotspot, so it has to connect to a device that will give you cloud access. You do have "Direct WiFi" connection between your smartphone and the camera, when the both are within range of each other, but once outside that range, the connect will drop.

hi ya, The issue is that there wifi can not be seen by another device until I turn the wifi off and on again on the camera. Its off so wont connect to wifi hub until I turn the wifi off an on.
So I grab Samsung, search wifi at the start, camera is there, I can connect etc. Disconnect the wifi. Drive say 30 mins, grab my phone, search wifi, camera not there but wifi icon on, on camera. Turn wifi off and on on side of camera, is now appearing on the list of wifi.

How many WiFi connections do you have configured on your camera? Myself, I have two; one for the house and the other for a mobile hotspot.

Hi, I have three. Home, car and work. It doesnt connect to any of them unless I turn the wifi off and on. The wifi is just completely off even though the LED for it on is on

The wifi does not normally stay on indefinitely on the 750 when it is used to connect to a 'normal' (Phone/Home Wifi/Work) WiFi AP.
It turns off after (just guessing from memory) about 10 mins. Switc hing the cam off then on Restarts the WiFi if it's set to auto connect. Have you got it to auto switch off (or whatever it's callsed)?

Hi ya,

In the settings, when you switch on the cloud option, it gets out the auto wifi on and off. It apears that the wifi is turning off when it shouldnt be. Seems to turn off even if your using the cloud option

Ah, I see. Had you made that point clear earlier, I wouldn't have bored you with stuff you already know because I don't 'do' cloud. :ROFLMAO:
Because what you did describe is exactly what my 750 does if I auto start the WiFi.

Lol me bad. Strange that the wifi turns its self off so wont connect to a hotspot when when it approaches one

Back