DR900S-2CH Will Not Retain Date Or Time

SteveFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH, DR650S-2CH, DR750LW-2CH
Since the last firmware update, (1.012,) I have noticed that I have to reset the date and time every day after shutting the camera off the previous day. I never had this problem before the firmware update. I have set the time to sync with the GPS, and though the GPS is working, (as far as mapping goes,) it will not set the time correctly; it is off by a year and a few months. I have to manually set the date and time for the camera to display the correct date and time. Shutting the camera down clears out the memory and I have to reset it again the next day. And just in case you are wondering, yes, I have set it for the correct time zone.

I have re-installed the firmware thinking this might solve the problem, but it does not.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Yes. I had a 550 that did that. It was the internal 'keep alive' battery that was changed toi make it OK. I doubt whether that is the case with yours though as the 550 was quite a number of years old.

Far more likely is that the update has broken/reset something.

The prior firmware is no longer available on the BlackVue website.

Sounds like a dead RTC battery, unfortunately. Is this a brand new camera / how long have you had it?

BlackVue can also provide older firmware by emailing them at cs@pittasoft.com

I have had the camera since May of 2018.

We find RTC batteries in BlackVue cameras to be especially good, so just 1.5 years of usage is quite out of the norm. Did you purchase this from us?

I purchased this camera from The DashCam Store. I have been in contact with one of their technicians, Matthew, who confirmed what you just said about the RTC battery. I am going to send it back to them for inspection / repair. I am just paying for the shipping and they are not going to charge me for the repair.

I do appreciate your input and help though!

Crap! Mine started doing this a couple weeks ago too. It's only about 2 years old.

Also it no longer says Powering Down. When I shut it off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If you didn't turn off the notification and lights go off immediately after you unplug power it seems like dead caps.

Really is overpriced junk. But I like the design [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back