Reaction score
Country
United States
Latest version of 1.003
No mention of addressing overheating.

I applied it but don't see any value.
4cd689f64fcd977d031acc4f11f01f3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1. New Event File Auto-upload function (Fleet Tracking accounts only). Automatically upload Event video sub-streams (low-res Quick Play version) to the Cloud.
    [*]New Garage hotspot setting (BlackVue Over the Cloud and Fleet Tracking). Prioritize your home or work Wi-Fi connection to save on your mobile hotspot data plan. You can now set any of your registered Wi-Fi hotspots as “Garage” hotspot. The BlackVue will connect in priority to Garage hotspots. Additionally, when your dashcam switches to Parking Mode, it will check for available Garage hotspots to connect to in priority. Finally, while in Parking Mode, it will check every 10 minutes for an available Garage hotspot if not already connected to one.
    [*]Now Cloud video file upload will resume in case of interruption (BlackVue Over the Cloud).
    [*]Wi-Fi band selection.
    – Choose between 5GHz and 2.4GHz (under Firmware settings > Wi-Fi).
    – Default : 5GHz (a popup in the BlackVue App should inform you in case 5GHz connection is not supported on your phone).
Sounds like it might help people who have been having issues finding the Wi-Fi.

Hopefully once the DR900 users test this new firmware and shake out the bugs, that garage WiFi functionality will be back-ported to the 750 & 650.

After this update the dashcam's WiFi is still not visible to Android smartphones, unfortunately, however switching band to 2.4 GHz helps. In other words, 5 GHz band in DR900S is virtually only available to iOS users :-(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hopefully once the DR900 users test this new firmware and shake out the bugs, that garage WiFi functionality will be back-ported to the 750 & 650.

The DR750S was actually updated yesterday too, it includes the garage hotspot feature.
DR750S 1.009

After this update the dashcam's WiFi is still not visible to Android smartphones, unfortunately, however switching band to 2.4 GHz helps. In other words, 5 GHz band in DR900S is virtually only available to iOS users :-(

This is not the case for me, running a Samsung S8. Works fine here!

Right, should say to *most* Android smartphones.

Just wondering how many have you tested?
A few, but none of these was Samsung. Oneplus, Huawei, Xiaomi, LG etc.

Works fine for me too. Samsung Note 8.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have not had issues with the WiFI but I just installed my dashcam today so still working out how it works.

Android and iPhone user, no problems with Wi-Fi connection. On Android you may need to switch mobile data off (I have HTC - it seems OK). For some reason that will steady your connection. Using 2.4 GHz will always be more stable, but unfortunately not as fast as 5 GHz band. Also, don't forget to push the Wi-Fi button on the side if you have the firmware set to auto Wi-Fi off :- )

Switching off mobile data is a fudge (but works for the BV connection, but then needs switching back on later).
What you actually need to do is switch off the 'Smart Network' that, if it connects to a WiFi without Internet, it goes looking for a connection that has internet connection which is likely to be your mobile data connection so it switches to that.

The exact naming of 'Smart Network' varies from phone to phone and OS to OS, so you will have to go looking for it.
On my Android 8.0.0 It's called Switch to mobile data, but it's hidden in the Advanced Connections menu.
I have it switched ON, but have set an exception for my BlackVue so that it will not switch to mobile data if connected to the BV. (Can't remember how I did the exception though)

Last edited:
The exact naming of 'Smart Network' varies from phone to phone and OS to OS, so you will have to go looking for it.

that function doesn't exist in a lot of handsets which is why people have to resort to switching off mobile data

So switching off mobile data IS a fudge then if there is no other way?

So switching off mobile data IS a fudge then if there is no other way?

it's an Android thing, some versions have the option, some don't, just the way it is, from the phones perspective you want an internet connection so it looks for one, the upsides to that outweigh the downsides

Back