DR900S Just Stopped

Freewuns

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DR900S-1CH
I just went to check some video on my cam and when I checked the video files it looks like it hasn't recorded for about a week. When I power the unit up it just sits there with only the front white LED blinking. I formatted the SD Card using the PC based software (so its FAT32) and then installed the latest firmware to the SD Card. Powered up and is still doing the same thing.

I have tried a different SD Card with the same results and with no SD Card. White blinking LED is it and nothing else.

I went to the auto shop I got it from and they said there might be a fix but the techs in Perth don't work on a weekend so I have to wait.

Is there a factory reset on this unit (not wifi) that will reset the whole unit to factory settings and thus get the boot cycle complete that anyone knows of?

TIA

Unfortunately, this is bricked and can't be fixed. There's no other factory reset available.

And it is winter in AU :rolleyes: did you get to run it too over last summer ?

Bought it in Feb 2019 so had a bit of a summer and no issues. Only failed the other day. The Autobarn store is sussing out with the distributor in Perth if there is anything that can be done. As it's still in warranty Im not concerned.

Just a major peeve when you spend so much $$ on something like that. My last BlackVue lasted over six years.

Back