En_croute

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR900s (50% Stolen!)
Hi All,

Long time no visit.
Unfortunately, my DR900s front camera was nicked last week - they smashed the passenger window and grabbed the camera, leaving the cables to the PowerMagic & Rear camera dangling.

It might have been recording - depending on the angle of approach - but there's no WiFi available - so they have the footage.
I've tried to raise a ticket with Blackvue to see if the camera has been/attempted to be re-registered - no response as yet.

Thinking about replacements - and the problem is that any hardwired camera is quite visible - and I was wondering if there are any units out there that have a separate recording module - so only the camera is on the windscreen - and the recording box could be secured elsewhere?

For now I have a PowerPro and a rear camera and no functionality - and a week to wait for Autoglass.
Oh, and shattered glass everywhere!

PS: Any suggestions (other than eBay) where to search for Front Cameras - I have my cloud ID - so can identify if my unit is for sale?

Cheers, Séan

Sorry to hear of your bad luck :( Check out Street Guardian's "Dual Remote" cam. There's also several motorcycle cams with a remote 'head unit' but cable lengths might be an issue. The K2S is another dual-remote, but QC is variable so you may or may not get a good one. What all these may lack is the features the 900 has, and that might matter to you.

Phil

Sorry to hear of your bad luck :( Check out Street Guardian's "Dual Remote" cam. There's also several motorcycle cams with a remote 'head unit' but cable lengths might be an issue. The K2S is another dual-remote, but QC is variable so you may or may not get a good one. What all these may lack is the features the 900 has, and that might matter to you.

Phil
Phil

Thanks for this - the K2S / K2S Pro look ideally small, a separate unit and have Parking Guard.
1080P at 30fps x 2 and a WiFi app - all looks good.

I'll investigate and report back!

Sorry to hear of your bad luck :( [snip] The K2S is another dual-remote, but QC is variable so you may or may not get a good one. What all these may lack is the features the 900 has, and that might matter to you.

Phil
Got the K2S, awaiting fitting, but looks good.
Home testing underway!

Back