DR900s not connecting to note 8

Beingme

Reaction score
Country
United States
I need immediate help. My DR900s won't connect to wifi on my note 8 and never has. It would work as a hot spot. I have taken it to a expert an they couldn't get it connected either. Prior to this I did contact BlackVue to get some trouble shooting advice but nothing helped so they told me to return the front cam at my cost. Ok, here is the problem. I contacted PayPal and filed a claim after finding out that this is an ongoing issue with Androids with the dr900. So PayPal is going to refund me because it's been 10 days, but I really want this Dashcam to work. So I called blackvue to see if we could resolve this. They said to go with the 750. I have watched vids were they show that it just not as clear as the dr900 in some cases. Blackvue said the 750 is clearer at night which I don't get. So does anyone have any luck with the dr900 working with the note 8 specifically? Is the 750 just as good? Or should I just send it back and think a little more about which one is good for me. I have 3 more days to send it back.

If you are not happy with it then send it back or in afew days/weeks you will wish that you had done.
The DR750S is better in low light conditions as it has the Sony Starviz sensor. There are several side by side comparisons on the forum if you look for them.
Amongst other technical details, the lower resolution of the Starviz means bigger pixels. Bigger pixels means more light gathering. i.e. better in low light. (And points mean prizes)
The clarity of the 4k DR900S does win by a bit in good lighting conditions.
Both of my 750's WiFi work for me every time on both my Android devices.
And you will save a few $, £ or Yen on the 750. :D

The problem is that the WiFi defaults to 5GHz and on a frequency not common used on Android.

Easiest solution is to borrow and iPhone/iPad to connect a nd then change the WiFi to 2.4GHz

Stupid design choice by BlackVue

Back