DR900X Best sd card ?

robinhood1701

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just got installed a DR900X 2ch in my Tesla Model S, just looking for a recommendation for the best non Blackvue sd card, maybe 256gb ? Any help would be great thanks

Ok thanks for letting me know, I’ve used sandisk a lot, but never sure if they are mlc compliant ? How long have you been running that card pls ?

Usually i don’t think twice about getting Sandisk, but this article made me think.https://dashcambros.com/blogs/blog/best-sd-cards-for-blackvue-dash-cams
Well, I shouldn't comment on someone else's 3yr old article, but I can give you my experience. Flawless. It's an MLC drive (most are). I have not had any overheating. Video transfers are fast if plugged into a USB3 adapter/port. The article does not discuss 4K and discusses outdated Blackvue cameras (DR650GW-2CH, DR750LW-2CH and DR600GW). YMMV, GL.

Research the Samsung PRO Endurance, SanDisk MAX Endurance, and WD Purple MicroSD cards. These cards perform very well in continuous write scenarios, e.g., dash cam operation. Take a look at the SanDisk MAX Endurance card for 256 GB.

I've used both the Samsung and SanDisk Endurance cards in the BlackVue 900X and other applications.

Use f3 (Linux / Mac) or H2testw (Windows) to make sure the card is fully functional and not a fake. You'll format the card in the cam afterwards by 1) inserting the card into the cam's MicroSD slot, then 2) holding down the wifi button until the cam beeps.

Back