DR900X Plus re-formats the card everytime I start my car?

irrbloss

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Just got a DR900X Plus (2-ch). I used it with my original 32 GB BlackVue-card and everything was working fine. Then I swapped it for my SanDisk Extreme-card which have worked fine in my DR900S (formatting it first, and putting the BlackVue-folder from the original BlackVue-card). This worked like 2-3 trips. Then everytime I start my car it says "formatting sd-card". Doesn't say there's a sd-card problem, it just formats the card and then starts recording. The recordings are fine, but if I leave the card in the camera when powering on my car, it gets formatted! I thought there was something wrong with my SanDisk-card, so I bought a Samsung Endurance 128 GB - same problem. Even the original BlackVue-card has this problem now. Any idea what's wrong? The camera is about 1 week old. Can I somehow do a hardreset and reinstall the latest firmware?

Last edited:
It appears to be a bug in the 1.003 firmware; downgrading to the original 1.000 worked for me.

Not sure why BlackVue hasn’t pulled the update for a major issue like this.

I updated my DR900X-2CH Plus camera with firmware version 1.003 the day after it became available. So far, I have not experienced this behavior with that firmware version.

One thing to note, the BlackVue app and the BlackVue Viewer need to be updated to the latest available to support the new setting to turn on/off the "Seamless Pairing" feature.

BlackVue App: Android v3.27 / iOS v3.27 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v3.08 / Mac v3.09 and up.

I updated the firmware on Dec. 9, and both 900X Plus and 750X Plus reformat at startup Since then I tried different cards, different method (over the air and on desktop), still does the same. I have all the latest versions of app, Viewer, and even the phone’s firmware. I have reported to Blackvue, and they said they had passed the info to their tech. I hope they will fix it quickly.

Same here with 750X Plus.

After updating the voltage cut off is also broken. It turns off immediately after going into parking mode at whatever voltage I set. I thought it was my battery was running too low but I charged it and it's still doing the same thing.

Last edited:
It appears to be a bug in the 1.003 firmware; downgrading to the original 1.000 worked for me.

Not sure why BlackVue hasn’t pulled the update for a major issue like this.
Do you by chance have an original 1.000 FW or perhaps a download link to it?

I am experiencing the same issue: after the FW update to 1.003 every time I start the car, BlackVue re-formats the card.

I finally got mine working with the original BlackVue-card now. I don't know exactly what I did. I did a reset however (via BlackVue Viewer-software). It's running latest firmware now and does not reformat everytime I start. Now I'll try to get my third party-card working again...

I finally got mine working with the original BlackVue-card now. I don't know exactly what I did. I did a reset however (via BlackVue Viewer-software). It's running latest firmware now and does not reformat everytime I start. Now I'll try to get my third party-card working again...
This was the ONLY way I was able to get my DR900x Plus from reformatting after every restart. I first thought my 1 month old Samsung Endurance Pro failed on me, so tried a brand new Samsung Endurance Pro without avail. This is definitely a software issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

I just posted on another thread *shutting down and restarting”, but new version 1.004 is available only from the app. I decided to tackle this issue again today, and started out with formatting the card on desktop and installing the firmware. It says 1.003 on their website. Then, after putting the card into camera, I noticed the blue dot on the app indicating that a new firmware is available, so I updated it over the air using the app. Camera is updated to version 1.004, and it does NOT reformat card anymore with shutting down and restarting. All recording footage stayed as is, like before the version 1.003. I am keeping it running overnight to see what happens. So far so good.

The BlackVue app shows version 1.004 firmware available for the DR900X Plus and 1.007 for the DR750X Plus cameras.

The release notes for both mention: "Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup"

As stated by @G13, the BlackVue website does not have the updated firmware files available as of yet, only available through the "Remote Firmware" update feature in the BlackVue app.

The following updated firmware files are now available from the BlackVue website:

BlackVue DR750X-3CH Plus (v.1.002_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR750X-2CH LTE Plus (v.1.002_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR900X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.004_2022.01.18)
BlackVue DR750X Plus (1CH/2CH) (v.1.007_2022.01.18)

WHAT’S NEW:​

1. Fixed issue where the dashcam would format the microSD card upon startup.
  2. Bug fixes and stability improvements.
※ Compatible software versions:
BlackVue App: Android v3.27 / iOS v3.27 and up.
BlackVue Viewer: Windows v3.08 / Mac v3.09 and up.
BlackVue Web Viewer (Cloud)

Important:​

Make sure to use the latest versions for the BlackVue Viewer and BlackVue App for full compatibility with this firmware version.

Ok, finally trying the 1.004-update - but nothing happens. Says upgrading firmware. All leds are flashing and flashing and flashing. I had it upgrading for 30 minutes, but it never finish. Anyone else having the same problem? Tried different sd-cards, formatting, reset - but still the same. When trying 1.003 it upgrades, but then there's the bug of reformatting the sd-card everytime. I think I'm throwing away my DR900X Plus. Never had so much problems with a dashcam before...

Back