DR900X Plus says shutting down and restarting when it powers up

hdkeith

Reaction score
Country
United States
I purchased 2 DR900X Plus 2 channel systems. One car seems OK the other car frequently when it gets power it says "powering down" then "restarting". Seems odd as it was powered off. Each is in the 12V accessory plug i the respective cars. It soudns lie maybe it does not shut down properly, which is odd because both cars leave the 12V plug hot for a few minutes unless you lock the car. Do I have a bad cam?

Might be an issue with the SD card. Try a different one? Also, make sure the power connector is in all the way.

I have a spare SD card, will try swapping it or just reformatting the car in it now. Just seemed odd.

I once put a 256GB card in my DR750S and it started rebooting. Also, SD cards tend to deteriorate after time.

This was a brand new card used for less than a week, but will see what happens. Funny how some cams have so many issues with SDCards.

Did you ever resolve the issue? I know I don’t have the same dash cam system but I use the Vantrue N4 system in 3 of my cars. I’ve had issues with them acting up so I will sometimes take out the main unit and see if the issue will still exist in a different car to isolate problems.

Nope, both cams do it so I doubt it is the SD card, both use a SANDisk High Endurance. Very random. I thought maybe becasue I have the cam set to reboot thinking I was going to hard wire. There is new firmware, one cam I updated yesterday, other will be today. Will see if that helps. Hate to spend over priced money on the Blackvue SD as a test as the 32GB card that comes with cam is too small.

My replacement 900x plus just started randomly rebooting and skipping recordings. At first i thought it was an issue with my battery pack.

I just replaced my Sandisk 256gb high endurance card with a Samsung Evo 256gb and it seemed to fix the issue.

That high endurance sd card is brand new.

I will need to run some read/write tests to see of its a fake or bad.

I may order some Samsung cards, interestingly when it does this it is only on start up. It gets power starts booting then says powering down and restarting.

Blackvue had just released updated 900x plus firmware. v1.0.0.3. Try that.

Also, make sure your power connector is all the way into dash camera.

Also, check your power management settings in the settings. Is it off?

Lastly maybe do a full factory reset of the canera

Just upgraded both cam to latest firmware, will see what happens.

Watched one video where a guy monitored the voltage from the 5 volt converter as the vehicle started and noted quite a drop. Perhaps this is what is happening here causing the dash cam to shut down momentarily, then restart.

It is very random only at startup. I will swap the SD as a test and am disabling the reboot setting even though the unit shuts off when car is locked

Well the dash camera has started rebooting and saying "check sd card" with the new Samsung Evo 256gb sd.

I think this is a space issue with the camera when the sd gets full.

This is definitely a firmware issue with 1.0.0.3.

Hmm, I wonder if that is it when the big card gets full. So seems like it is not a SD card issue, rather a firmware issue.

Hmm, I wonder if that is it when the big card gets full. So seems like it is not a SD card issue, rather a firmware issue.
Wasn't happening before. Also it looks like they fixed the bass distortion in 1.0.0.3. Thank Jebus.;)

Mien has been randomly restarting on power up since I got it so I have had all 3 version of firmware on both cams.

Mien has been randomly restarting on power up since I got it so I have had all 3 version of firmware on both cams.
Try an in dash camera format.

When I update the config it reformatted the card. But I will try it again.

If i notice the issue again, I will first check the free space on the card.

Back