DR900X Plus says shutting down and restarting when it powers up

I figured it out. You have to enable the battery cut off feature even though you have an external battery.

Its totally not logical and they should address in a firmware update

Recently moved my DR900x Plus over to a new car and at the same time updated the firmware. The card in the camera at time of transfer was a Samsung Pro Endurance 125GB. Card and Camera had 0 issues before the move and perhaps more importantly firmware upgrade. Drove home(did the work in family garage) and had no problems. Immediately next morning when I got in the car and the camera powered up I started getting reboots. Immediately figured the card had failed, tossed it and ordered a TeamB 256 High Endurance Card because I was unable to find any Samsung Pro Endurance. Card came in, same issue and every now and then the camera would say check SD card. Back to amazon and noticed samsung released a NEW Pro Endurance, order it and SAME problem at 256GB, this is really getting frustrating. I now have Transcend High Endurance card on order, the one thing I see different from it and the new samsung/teamn B is the its a v10 card like the original samsung pro endurance while the teamb and new samsung are v30's..
Also decided to order a sandisk high endurance as well, one of em has to work....

All of this happened with battery cut off both off and ON, on firmware 1.007 and 1.008 while connected to a cell link neo which is hardwired into the fusebox of the car.

Edit: Got the Sandisk in and same rebooting problems. I'm really starting to think its the firmware considering it all started after I updated to 1.007 from what was either the original firmware or possibly 1.003 and there was nothing wrong with that original samsung pro endurance card.
Decided to contact blackboxmycar since thats where I got the camera from and something they mentioned I find interesting is the they've seen that the firmware updates seem to cause problems when done through the blackvue app as opposed to directly loading firmware onto the SD card and loading that way. Guess that'll be my next step in this craziness with 2 SD cards on order and one in my possession.

Edit: Using PC and SD card to reapply the 1.008 firmware did not help. Blackboxmycar then provided me with 1.004 and recommended loading that. Now on that testing phase.
Seemed to work when I first reverted the firmware Sat in the car for like 20 minutes, heard it enter parking mode, manually rebooted it and formatted sd car, all seemed fine. When I got in the car the next morning, it came out of parking mode and stated rebooting immediately.
Got a lexaar SD card coming from amazon, see if that changes anything.
I'm starting to wonder if there's a problem with my cellink neo, this camera worked perfectly find before it was moved into the new car and I updated the firmware. Neo says it's charging however and outputting at 13 volts or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tfp
Back