Dreaded heated screen

jimmids

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening everyone, hope you're all keeping well and safe!

Quick question - I own a Transcend Drivepro 220 - which I had installed in a Honda CRV , no problem fantastic picture with great clarity. I've recently changed vehicle to a Range rover and it has the heated screen elements. Tried the dashcam and the picture is horribly distorted, you cannot read the registration of the vehicle in front , I'm guessing it must be something to do with the heating elements. Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Jim

Welcome to the forum jimmids.
Sound strange, are you sure the focus have not shifted over the summer before you changed car ?
I cant see why a heated windscreen should make the windscreen blurry, that i assume got to be illegal,,,,,, maybe you put your greasy fingers on the camera lens when moving in between vehicles.

Putting lots of thin wires in front of the lens certainly doesn't help with image quality, but the effect shouldn't be much worse than the effect on your eyes, which also isn't good, but it is not the disaster you describe.

Maybe if you posted a frame grab or video so that we can see what has happened, then someone might be able to diagnose the real cause...

Sound drastic if you cant even read the plate on the car right in front, thats why i suspect focus slide.

Back