Dride 4K

Turbine

Reaction score
Country
Israel
So finally I got my dride 4k. ( After not so long of a waiting because I jumped on board relatively late )

I haven't yet installed it on my car, but here are my impression so far:
1) SUPER difficult to setup at home - ( I am very much a tech guy ) - mainly because it requires SHORT USB C cable ( used bunch of them - all of them restarts the camera except 30cm length )
2) SIM functionality does NOT work atm, It seems to recognize the SIM card but it just won't register / work over LTE
3) Internal camera live feed not working
4) No advanced options - can't seem to choose recording splitting time, or advanced parking modes, no voltage meter / limiter setting etc..

Seems VERY buggy and keeps restart and running hot on an AC environment while trying to setup

@dashcamateur

I have not gotten mine yet, but it is under way according to TRK number.

I also now understand, you can not browse the memory card on your PC, CUZ the card are in a Linux file system, so you need additional software to view and copy the footage to your PC.

Clearly dride went way over board on this, and i think that will burn them.

I am going to try and set mine up on the living room table.

As i understand one of the main original parameters was extraordinary good heat endurance, i have no idea how they wanted to do that with a on windscreen system, that you can only hope to do with a remote main unit, maybe with active cooling, CUZ i know Israel get HOT

It also seem like documentation are lacking, really with something this complicated you need a user manual even a demented child can manage.

I came to the dride 4K to cheap sample a smart camera, as no one ever sent me one of those to beat on.
Now i am not so sure if i will get any real world experience out of it.
Also when the rear cameras arrive on the scene, i feel it will just compound issues.

this is exactly what it is.. cheap 4k camera and atm it “performs” like a very premature product as well.
Dashcams should be rock solid and super reliable - that’s not the case.

Last edited:
Indeed reliability are very high on the list of things you will want in a dashcam
You also want the thing to be user friendly, this do not look to be the case looking at their forum

There should be s written and even video step by step, on how to get it going.

It looks friendly, and I’m sure it is friendly if it was working as it should ! but it simply not working.
It feel beta all the way..

So finally I got my dride 4k. ( After not so long of a waiting because I jumped on board relatively late )

I haven't yet installed it on my car, but here are my impression so far:
1) SUPER difficult to setup at home - ( I am very much a tech guy ) - mainly because it requires SHORT USB C cable ( used bunch of them - all of them restarts the camera except 30cm length )
2) SIM functionality does NOT work atm, It seems to recognize the SIM card but it just won't register / work over LTE
3) Internal camera live feed not working
4) No advanced options - can't seem to choose recording splitting time, or advanced parking modes, no voltage meter / limiter setting etc..

Seems VERY buggy and keeps restart and running hot on an AC environment while trying to setup

@dashcamateur

Update 1 :
5) Can't change WiFi SSID name. Can't change password with special characters
6) No GPS location at the moment
7) Can't see or add details on the video watermark ( speed, name, license number etc )
8) This is shocked me the most !! YOU CAN'T RESET THE CAMERA.. according to Dride support, resetting cannot be done. Only special image burning procedure.

At this moment I am pretty SHOCKED

What a waste of money

Update 2:
The team is really working hard ( and super fast ) fixing those issues.
*Kudos* for that
most of those issues are already treated with 2 additional firmware and app updates since my last update.

The video quality is really not looking like 4K

I was supposed to get mine a few days ago, even paid tax ASO on it, but then when it arrived in my town, in 7 minutes the tracking info went from preparing to deliver to adress problems / sending back to sender.
So if mine go back to China, well i do not expect to see it before late August at the latest.

Yeah it do not look convincing, for sure other old 4K cameras do at least as well.
I will try and pull some footage from the 70mai A800S i am testing, it use the same sensor.

Sadly i do not think there are any sunshine footage on the memory card, summer left Denmark a few weeks ago, so it have been cloudy / windy and also a bit of rain which i assume suit the Danish farmers well after a very dry May and June

ATM there are only the big brands like blackvue and thinkware in LTE dashcams.
But i know several other brands are looking to add this to at least some of their cameras too, but it will probably be later this year or maybe next year before that happen

ATM there are only the big brands like blackvue and thinkware in LTE dashcams.
But i know several other brands are looking to add this to at least some of their cameras too, but it will probably be later this year or maybe next year before that happen
Which brands going to add lte ?
The first starvis 2 lte dashcam that will be available is gonna be mine

Would you like me to get the Dride CEO into the forum ?
They are very cooperative and willing to improve. Maybe someone can give them some video quality guidance for the sake of all of us

i talked to yossi for a half hour on the phone a good year ago, but have not heard from him since.

Also got a RPLY on the mail i sent to dride regarding my camera getting turned around.
I do hope it is stopped here, but the tracking APP do not say anything, but then if i try to launch the chat for that parcel the APP do say a case have been raised regarding this parcel.

I have tried to phone postal too the past 2 days, but no one seem to bother picking up the phone, i even asked the postman here when i met him by chance in front of the building, but he just carry latters and know nothing of parcels.

O regarding LTE cameras, i think both viofo - Vantrue and 70mai are working on smart options for new cameras.

O regarding LTE cameras, i think both viofo - Vantrue and 70mai are working on smart options for new cameras.
Viofo is my main contender.
They are the most stable and somehow are best performer in the starvis 2 ring.
their app is simple but their cameras are just good.

I didn’t really heard about Vantrue until today .. is it any good ?

Btw I talked to Yossi - asked him to come by

Hi All,
Great to see you all here, We're open to hearing your feedback.

If you guys can recommend users that would help us test and improve the unit please let me know..

If you guys can recommend users that would help us test and improve the unit please let me know..
Can you provide a link to the specifications for the camera?
Also, what is the FCC ID for the camera?
-Chuck

I didn’t really heard about Vantrue until today .. is it any good ?
They are good dashcams. I have one running for many months. Without any flaws so far.
The menu is easier and nicer to use than the one from Viofo. The app is also nicer and less buggy. But I heard that Viofo is working on that so it might change.
Regarding video quality they are not on the level from Viofo currently, but a bit below. The bitrate is often a bit too low causing blocking in areas like a forest.

Back