Dride - Connected Dashcam with Safety Alerts & Apps

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Was browsing on Twitter/Kickstarter and saw this dashcam; Dride. It seems quite interesting with it's safety alerts, though uncertain how well it will work as opposed to the current dash cams with ADAS and FCW. What seemed most interesting to me is that it is powered by Raspberry Pi and seem to be developer friendly, as well as it's "connected" features like Alexa and it's voice commands; making your car a bit more modern with voice control for some older vehicles. But my main complaint about this dash cam seems to be its size...

What do you guys think about it? Think it will be successful and useful? Anyone considering backing it? :p

Link to Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1969971763/dride-connected-dashcam-with-safety-alerts-and-app

upload_2017-2-9_14-3-13.png

upload_2017-2-9_14-3-19.png

I like its build on Pi.

But i am still not big on that cloud concept, to me its just like 4K, its a pow word meant to sell the product.
And it would entail a smartphone and apps on it, and i am not big on either of those, or keeping wifi and bluetooth and GPS turned on in a phone all the time.
I know most / many people do that, but if most people jump off a cliff i dont just follow them.

I quite like the Dride Zero, and what Dride offers in terms of ease of transferring captured videos. Not expensive either.

But until it’s an actual product, hard to assess based on a promise.

storeMain.png

Dride said:
Hi! We’re a bunch of car fanatics who believe that the vehicles we are driving are unnecessarily primitive and downright dangerous! We’ve designed Dride to change that, and with it, the way we drive. Just as the time when no-one used seat belts rapidly faded we believe that the era of unintelligent cars should be a distant memory, and we are here to bring it about sooner than anyone expects.
We don't need intelligent vehicles, we need intelligent drivers!

I quite like the Dride Zero, and what Dride offers in terms of ease of transferring captured videos. Not expensive either.

But until it’s an actual product, hard to assess based on a promise.

storeMain.png
That looks like a real, working prototype. If Dride is dead maybe they'll release the code for the RPi (Zero?) and the patterns for 3D printing ?

Sent from my G3112 using Tapatalk

dintan, you can buy Dride Zero on Indiegogo (Shipping in June), We will start selling on Amazon later this year.

Thanks!

Back