Drift Ghost X bricked? (Ambarella A12)

micro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
0805 (Front) / Mobius (rear)
Hi all!

I'm struggling with my Drift Ghost X camera, I updated the firmware as per the support websites instructions (to 1.3.0.6) by putting the GHOST_X.bin on the memory card, but now I just have a camera that appears to bootloop (showing the drift logo, then resets). If you plug it into USB without pressing buttons, it shows "USB Mode", but doesn't connect to the computer or show any drives. If you insert a memory card of FAT32 type, or one that is partitioned less than its max size, it shows "Optimise SD?" but the buttons do nothing. The camera will bootloop regardless of what mode its in here.

If I reset the camera, hold down the arrows and the wifi button and press power, it gives me an Ambarella device (4255 vid 000A pid), which is recognised by AmbaUSB, but that's as far as i've gone because I want to make sure that i've got the process right.

The only firmware I can find online is this 1.3.0.6 bin file, which hasn't changed over the years. I can't find any "elf" or other emergency recovery firmwares.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Edit: So I don't bump this post up by myself

Contacted Drift support, they were exceptionally helpful, however, I found myself a tool published on Foream.com (The manufacturer of Drift cameras). The link was broken on the website, however, Drift support were able to get a working link sent to me. Plug the camera in, followed the instructions, waited for it and boom, fixed. I'm not entirely sure what broke it in the first place, but am chuffed it is fixed, and also that I have a method to fix it if any firmware updates break it in the future!

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Action Camera Discussion 4
Back