Drive app. Live remote view?

Pyrofytr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got a Garmin Dash Cam 47. Got it all set up utilizing the Drive app.
Is it possible for my kid to watch live feed from home?
I’m guessing I can utilize the mobile hot spot from my iPhone to create a WiFi network in my truck.
Just not sure if the camera will allow remote access while still Bluetoothed to my phone.

Not possible. He will be able to see videos saved in the cloud only. In order to be able to to see live view you have to be connected to the camera directly.

Hey Lacibaci,I know this is an old post but I’ve just got the DC 67 and want to use it on a truck. Is remote viewing possible in real time from a different location?

Hey Lacibaci,I know this is an old post but I’ve just got the DC 67 and want to use it on a truck. Is remote viewing possible in real time from a different location?
Not possible. It is the same as DC47.

From what others have said, it doesn't look like the Garmin will allow a remote live feed while it's connected in the truck. Shame really, would be handy to check in. Maybe future models will have that capability.

Some kind of remote viewing is possible with Dash Cam Live, but I am not sure if it's while in parking mode only. Somebody send me the camera and I will verify it :)

Have Garmin ditched the foremost gramin expert ????? that was not wise.

Haha. I feel like Garmin is still not all in on Dash Cams. It still feels like a side project.

Well they should pick your brain and get on with it then.

Back