Drive Pro 200 Rear Cam?

GibsonGK55

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi,

New here to the forum. I have a Transcend Drive Pro 200 on the front windshield of the car and I wish to put one on the back. The place that installed it said "Cannot put on the back window". Why? "Won't work."

No clue why it will not work. Anyone have any idea if this is true? I would figure front, back, left or right it should take video no?

I emailed the company last year twice and of course no answer. I could just buy one and install it myself but thought i'd ask first. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Perhaps they don't feel that particular camera can be mounted properly in the rear window of your particular car? Other than that there should be no reason it shouldn't work as long as you can supply suitable voltage and current to the back of your car.

Great, thanks for your reply. I will get me another one and install it.

Great, thanks for your reply. I will get me another one and install it.

If you are concerned at all about having a stealthy camera the Drive Pro probably isn't the best choice. There are other options. Aside from that, I guess it would make sense to make sure the mount in the Drive Pro will actually work on your rear windshield before purchasing another one. If the rear windshield is too steep, for example, it could be a problem.

it's an SUV so the window is not a problem with mounting it and i already have a power outlet back there.

Just a thought, if the camera gets mounted on a hatchback window on an SUV you'll need to allow for some slack and strain relief in the cable for when you open the door. Other than that potential issue it sounds good!

It will work perfectly, ask yourself how would the camera know, my mate says it won't as going "backward" might upset display of speed, GPS but I have used other cams like this and never seen a problem, you can get around the "slack" needed in the cable by simply and neatly putting wire through original convoluted tube that carries heated window wires etc makes it a lot neater, use curtain rod wire as thread through works ace from local £ shop

Until about a year ago two of our cars had Transcend DP100 cams in the rear with 3M adhesive tape mounts (suction mounts usually fall off rear windows after a day or two due to uneven surface resulting from heating wires).
The DP100 cams have been replaced by JooVuu X and Mobius-1/C2 cams because of the size difference but I'm pretty sure the DP100 (and DP200) uses the same sensor and processor as the Mobius-1.
The two DP100 cams, probably 3-4 years old, have since been given away to a relative and continue to work well as front cams in a couple of their cars.

The GPS senses and measures movement. As long as it can 'see' the satellites it needs access to, it will be accurate wherever you mount it. Hopefully your rear window will always be moving at the same rate as the front one does :p ;)

Phil

The GPS senses and measures movement. As long as it can 'see' the satellites it needs access to, it will be accurate wherever you mount it. Hopefully your rear window will always be moving at the same rate as the front one does :p ;)

Phil

But time will be going backwards if it's facing the wrong way! :D

But time will be going backwards if it's facing the wrong way! :D

Only if you're going faster than the speed of light in reverse, and even the hottest Lambo can't do that yet :D

Phil

Back