Drivepro 520 FW 2.5 updated BUT

Crazyman33

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Team,

Didn't know where else to go so decided to go to pros that use these items all the time. I have a 520 that turns off and on even after the v2.5 FW update. I was thinking of going to a camera repair shop in the States where I live but don't know if the cost vs getting a new cam was worth it - as maybe someone here has an idea what to do.

PS i don't mind voiding the warranty at this point if I have to get into the insides of the unit itself.

Thanks in advance.

If it is still covered under warranty, then that is the best place to pursue the matter. I know of nobody outside of factories who do any major repair work on dashcams, and there are very few people who have the equipment and knowledge to correct OS and firmware bugs outside of there either. "Bench time" at repair shops usually has a base charge of at least $75 or more- the minimum amount you will spend there- and if the repair takes more than a few minutes that price will go up, usually at one base rate per hour and a one hour minimum. $150+ would be very possible, even if you found someone capable of and willing to do this work. Contact the seller you bought the cam from, give them the details regarding your problem, and ask for a new cam if they can't get your cam working properly.

And welcome to DCT :)
Phil

Back