DrivePro 550 always shows "Please Format Memory Card"

aleshu

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hi. I've tried many different SD cards and it always displays the message "Please Format Memory Card" thus it can't record anything. I'm now using a Kingston SDHC 16 gb card. If I connect the dashcam to a PC, I can read and write to the SD card without issues.
I've tried formatting according to Transcend instructions (FAT32 32kb) from a PC and via Settings.
I've performed a factory reset and upgraded to latest firmware.

Any ideas?

The same happened to me with a Transcend DrivePro 520.
In my case the camera triggered this error, and also the Sd Card got broken.
I tried the same steps aleshu said, also tried with the hard reset button at the bottom of the camera, and tried with the WD40 in the contacts (yes, I found it on youtube, putting a little of wd40 in the memory card, and inserting the card into the dashcam).
My first thought was to think that it was just a hardware problem in my camera, but now that I read aleshu had the same problem, it sounds more like a BUG than just a hardware problem of a single camera.

I tried with the "original sd card" that came with the dashcam, and it worked. Suddenly I have this Sd card in another exact drivepro 520, the original one of this dash-camera get broken a long time ago.
So I guess is something really weird, like a compatibility issue. Crazy, as this camera was working almost a year with a sandisk sd card... but time to time the dashcam recommend me "to format the sd-card to improve the performance"... I'm triying to clone the Transcend with some videos now, to the sandisk in orther to try it... but if it doesn't work, the only possible workaround will be to try with the original transcend high endurance 32gb 10 microsd HC.

Last try was to clone the transcend sd card partition to another one, but the corrupted drivepro520 is still having the same error.
Finally, I decided to put the Transcend 32gb card to the corrupted drivepro520, and put another micro sd card in the new one drivepro520, to still having both cameras working.
If everyone is able to confirm that buying any transcend micro sd card could fix the problem, will be really good.

I ran into same issue after upgrading the firmware to 2.5 on my DrivePro520 which did a rest to default setting. It was not able to overwrite existing files and requesting to format memory card as it ran out of space.

What resolved my issue was changing the default date format from default "yyyy/mm/dd" to date format "mm/dd/yyyy". Thus far, issue has not come back.

Back