Driver of disabled car knocked off of elevated highway, run over again. (RIP) Thailand, maybe NSFW

They'll have to denigrate the control/gps functions. As it is now, you can easily buy a 'drone' for a few hundred bucks (or cobble together the parts for an R/C plane) that can fly out of line of sight on a programmed course for miles away from you. It's not legal for FAA 'registered' drones, not sure what the limits are the licensed drone pilots? All you have to do is look at youtube and you'll see many US 'drone' videos that are in violation of the rules.

Here its LOS only too, but you can import the equipment needed for way out of sight with ease and zero chance of not getting it.
Actually there are a lot of examples of this where you can get something thats legal in another EU country into Denmark using regular mail, this is why i say what ever efforts on our behalf go on to try and stop this are waste.
a flick knife are not legal here, actually carrying any knife sized knife are not legal in general, i say screw that rule let people carry what they bloody please. BUT ! if they use that thing wrong, well then society should come down on them much - much harder.
I am pretty sure at least 90% of Danes carrying or wanting to carry a knife, would never use it on another person, so our knife law ruin it for the vast majority of people, all so a few people can do what they will be doing anyway.

Actually if i was to form a political party or again vote for one, well then that party would not come up with anything new, or support anything new before 2 old obsolete or wrong laws was removed.

I think the longest ranges people fly now are around 100 Km, but really the range are not a issue not least with quadcopers / regular helicopters that dont need a runway to take off.
A plane on the other hand are a little more difficult, still you can use any road, and with practice you can also launch out of sight, and so can launch anonymous.

I saw a news blurb about a driver being charged in an accident that knocked a driver over the safety rail of an elevated highway. I thought it was the incident in the video in this thread. Nope, it's a new one, happened a few days ago.

Lady driving SUV, plows into disabled mini-van, and motorcycle cop on the shoulder of the road in daylight. Elderly lady driver of the minivan launched over the rail of the elevated road. Dead. (No video.)

SUV driver facing 3 charges...so far.

c1_1533238_620x413.jpg

2906002.jpg

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1533238

Seatbelts and airbags aren't enough in Thailand. Looks like you need parachutes.

:cry:

It seems that the "safety rail" is inadequate to perform it's job!

Maybe it should be a little taller?
Looks like it may have already been extended, it has a metal rail along the top to extend the height.

The safety features on such elevated roads are more for the benefit of people down below. I'm reminded of elevated parts of the A4/M4 heading west out of London, where the speed limits are frustratingly low. Until you ponder what would happen if an HGV went over the side. Barriers can only resist so much.

They're pretty awful places to break down for anyone. There's really nowhere safe to go. It must be terrifying for someone who's disabled.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Railings like these have been known to get knocked loose in a crash and kill/injure drivers on the roads below who would not have been harmed otherwise. These are no longer built here, but are repaired instead of replaced with better ones where they exist because of a lack of money. It's 60's technology that doesn't work in the modern world.

When someone does something this stupid while driving, they are an utter waste of atmospheric oxygen. If law and governments will not administer an adequate fix, then at some point the people will begin doing that themselves. "Angry mob of motorists throws murderous SUV driver off of bridge to get run over below" sounds like a good headline story to me :eek:

Phil

I don't think they're designed to stop pedestrians. I'm not sure what they're actually called? Guardrails?

There is one bridge on I--95 in MD that always bothers me when I cross it. The one going over the Susquehanna River. I'd crossed it many times without a problem, but one day looked at the edge barriers on a windy day, and thought they looked like a series of the moveable Jersey barriers, just sitting on the edge of the pavement, and just a nudge away from a 100 foot drop to the river.
Nervous every time I cross it, now.

(This isn't going to help, either. Trucks blown over on same bridge)

Tractor%20Trailer%20Overturns%20on%20Tydings%20Bridge_1520006518869.JPG_79811006_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

They probably do? I know they have digital warning signs before the bridge, but I don't see any actual crossing guard type barriers that can deploy quickly.

Still not as bad as this one in Washington State...

Back