Driver Starts Fire On Highway

What an idiot! I hope the police receives a copy of this....

I had a seizure from the headlight reflection.

Seizure.gif

When i was a smoker and smoked unfiltered cigarettes i would throw the butt out of the window ( not in the summer time of course )
But that changed with i switched to filtered death sticks, cuz a filter take forever to decompose.

But other than that i have never done the throw stuff from my car, it is a filthy thing to do.

When i was a smoker and smoked unfiltered cigarettes i would throw the butt out of the window ( not in the summer time of course )
But that changed with i switched to filtered death sticks, cuz a filter take forever to decompose.

But other than that i have never done the throw stuff from my car, it is a filthy thing to do.
You don't want to be a smoker these days, Corvid 19 kills smokers, for most people it is just a common cold, but for smokers it is highly dangerous.
Now is the time to give up smoking, and don't turn to those electric ones either!
Maybe the reason it has been a big problem in China is that 40% of all smokers are in China, over 50% of male Chinese!

Yeah glad i gave that up long ago, though it was still too late, only have 50 % capacity left.

In an article in WebMD, dated 2/26/2020 is stated that 47.8 percent of Chinese men smoke from WHO, but the fact of a cultural wide lack of hand washing is probably a major cause of covid 19 spread. Statistics from WHO , which is in China's pocket and CCP's data must be suspect. Experts here continue to find that age is the single greatest C.O.D.

Getting back to the OP, it wasn't cigarette, weed, or cigar ashes. I've caught all 3 in my hand and they're not hot, going dead cold in well under 1 second :rolleyes: (Inadvertent admissions acknowledged, my younger life was wild :whistle:). So it was either the "cherry" (the smoldering part) or a butt containing that ;) Which smokers need to be very careful with in places with dry grass like that. And glad our dashcammer didn't just film it and drive on- Thank You! (y)

I do let the ash part of my smokes fly out the vent window unless it's that dry, which it rarely is here. They're basically harmless dust so I'm not worried about them, but I'm a real advocate for not littering- the rest stays inside. That's better here now than in the past but there's still too much of it :mad: On a road trip back in '91 where I hadn't been beyond Charlotte, Atlanta, or the coast in 5 years or so I noticed that once I got past the Appalachian mountains going west something was different about the roads but I couldn't quite pin it down. As I got past the Mississippi river mid-continent it dawned on me that there was almost no litter by the roadsides. By the time I got to the Rockies it was zero litter :D I never realized how much that litter- even a little bit- totally ruins the beauty of nature :eek: Furthermore in my work, once the walls are covered (or if a house is occupied) I smoke only outside, same as here at home. The butts get disposed of properly and if no place for them is handy I pinch them out and put the butt in a jacket pocket for disposal later. My ciggies are my problem, and I don't have the right to be offensive to someone else over them.

Unfortunately they are very addictive and they have begun damaging my lungs with COPD :( They are NOT anything good, and in the end they will get you, so if you smoke don't follow in my footsteps- instead look at how they make me breathe hard at little exertion, how much they cost, and how bad they smell. Look at the people who care about you that don't want you to die from these things. Quit now- get help if you need to but quit, because the longer you wait the harder it is to do, and at some point you're going to run out of time and luck if you don't :cry:

Phil

Unfortunately they are very addictive and they have begun damaging my lungs with COPD :( They are NOT anything good, and in the end they will get you, so if you smoke don't follow in my footsteps- instead look at how they make me breathe hard at little exertion, how much they cost, and how bad they smell.
come for a holiday in Australia, paying $58 for a packet of cigarettes should be a good incentive to quit :p

come for a holiday in Australia, paying $58 for a packet of cigarettes should be a good incentive to quit :p
Damn, that's a lot of money going up in smoke. (We need a 'bad pun' emoji.)

I quit a long, long time ago and never paid more than $.50 US for a pack (told you it was a long time ago).

must have been a long time ago, have saved a fortune by never smoking anyway but not rich enough to even think about starting, the majority of the cost of a pack here goes to the government in taxes, no surprises there I guess

interesting news article recently highlighted the cost of cigarettes to non smokers like myself, I knew they were pricey, didn't realise how pricey though (sorry, correction, they're 'only' $56.95 a pack, not $58 :p )

must have been a long time ago, ...
It was back in the mid 1970's. American cigarettes are 20 to a pack versus the 40 over there as mentioned in the article so on that basis I guess I never paid $1.00/pack.
All I know is I likely wouldn't be alive today had I not quit when I did.

Here the price on fags are upped again soon, really if they wanted people to stop there are far better means, but these are harsh, and will get the smoking Danes up in a whine you can hear far from here,maybe even none smokers will join in as Danes tend to have a pop up empathy with our long tradition of praising weakness in society.
As it is now with barely a legal place to smoke in the first place + the price you would thing people would quit, but they always come up with some lame excuse.
Yes its hard to quit, but it is easy if you have a little backbone, just put them down and walk away,,,,, and for god sake don't fall for their inhaler / gum / patches or the E-ciggy BS,,,,,, just don't.
Personally i was surprised how easy it was to first kick the ciggys and shortly there after the cannabis, and silly me all my life i have been thinking " this is going to be next to impossible"
I should have stopped at least 10 years earlier. :oops:

Actually a recent survey ( Jan 2019 ) have see a increase in people starting to smoke, for the first time in 20 years,,,,,, from 21% in 2016 to 23 % now.
In Denmark 13.600 deaths every year they blame on smoking.

Actually a recent survey ( Jan 2019 ) have see a increase in people starting to smoke, for the first time in 20 years,,,,,, from 21% in 2016 to 23 % now.
In Denmark 13.600 deaths every year they blame on smoking.
The percentages are going to drop as Corvid 19 passes through the communities! But that probably won't increase the deaths from smoking figures since the deaths will be put down to the virus.

Willpower is not something I lack- in fact it's quite the opposite here. My problem is that I have Clinical Depression which was only diagnosed when I became suicidal for no reason a short time after I last quit these damn things. The "head doctors" as well as my personal physician agreed that what set things off was nicotine withdrawal- they may have been right about that. Against my every pleading they said they could not help me beat the depression unless I began smoking again- again they may have been right about that too. So onto Meds and back to smoking I went. In time I was able to get off the Meds by both learning what to watch for regards depression and in my being so strong-willed that i would not allow it to win against me, but the nicotine remains and I honestly fear that I would not get through another severe episode of depression at that strong a level anymore :eek: Just another totally weird chapter in my totally weird life I guess. If I wrote an honest book about my life nobody would believe that it wasn't a fictional story, but it wouldn't be boring I promise you :ROFLMAO:

As someone who knows many recovering alcohol and drug addicts, I can tell you what they told me- that a strong nicotine addiction is tougher to beat than a strong heroin addiction o_O I can believe that- I DO believe that. And oneday I hope that I can gather enough time to find a stress-free place in my life long enough for me to try giving these things up for good, but until that time appears making the effort would likely leave me dead. So I'm going to die someday anyhow- I have no problem with that- but I want neither to do it by my own hand nor to have these damn cigarettes do it to me, although it looks like that's what will happen. I now have COPD and with Covid-19 or even a strong flu still possible my end assessment could be wrong but no more pleasant to consider.

At least until then I won't be setting any grass fires for someone to record and share online- my apologies if that disappoints anyone here :giggle: And again, if you smoke please stop; you really don't want a life like this.

Phil

I used to smoke 3 packs a day before I decided to quit 17 years ago, after 24 years of smoking. It was difficult, but I did it, so I'm affraid you need to work on your will and find some benefic distractions :)
Trust me, I've had my fair share of depression, but I constantly tried to do something to distract me. The thing that helped me a lot was playing tennis. This was for me the cure for depression.

Last edited:
I now have COPD and with Covid-19 or even a strong flu still possible my end assessment could be wrong but no more pleasant to consider.
Sorry if my comments caused concern, but it seems to be a message that is not getting out and probably should be. I had been listening to the UK Chief Medical Officer on the radio, but I can't find a link to that information and I'm not sure he directly linked Corvid 19 with smoking, although the implication was there.

Not sure my comments have actually been proven correct for Corvid 19 yet, but it is coronaviruses that cause the coughing that smokers are well known for. Apparently they target the changes in throat and lung cells cause by smoking as a way in to infect the cells. It is sort of confirmed by the Chinese deaths being mainly male and the fact that in China most smokers are male. Hopefully the message that not starting in the first place is by far the best choice will save a few lives in future, meanwhile make sure you don't stand too close to anyone infected, leave some extra distance when talking to people.

At least until then I won't be setting any grass fires for someone to record and share online- my apologies if that disappoints anyone here :giggle: And again, if you smoke please stop; you really don't want a life like this.
I don't like seeing those videos anyway, along with the ones throwing general rubbish out the windows. If I recorded one then I would happily send it in to the police website, not sure if our police can issue a fixed fine for littering, but I guess they can, in which case they probably would. Probably couldn't for arson, but they may still take starting a fire seriously, so that would be a court case!

Thank you all for your comments and concern- it is appreciated. I do desperately want to quit- bad enough normally but now it could be fatal to me should I get CoVid19, which has been shown to be particularly nasty to smokers and those who have other breathing issues. But I just as desperately must avoid hitting the low that happened the last time I quit which will be equally fatal to me. Quitting is getting heavier on my mind so maybe soon... if I can survive awhile longer. Just have to see.

Now enough of me- let's get back to bashing the litterbugs, something which is relevant to all of us ;)

Phil

In Ontario, its against the law to throw butts out of the window. In fact, there is a police officer that makes a point to pursue this and apparently when he charges people, its disbelief. Source CTV Article about a Cop in Barrie. Our $110 fine is light compared to the $25,000 in Australia.

I have read somewhere about oil tanker driver complaining about drivers tossing cigarettes at them.

What an idiot! I hope the police receives a copy of this....
According to the youtube channel, its been reported to the police. Youtuber just hasn't heard back.

I know someone who stopped smoking when the provincial and federal government started taxing the hell out if. Sin taxes. Thing is I only know one. Most who have tried have to quit, have failed. I used to live in a border city, and some smokers who go to Detroit to get cigarettes where its not as expensive.

Cigarettes like everything else,,,, okay maybe not alcohol, have always been expensive here, so smuggling ciggys have always been a thing, in the old days smugglers would run high speed motorboats out of Poland and Germany filled to the brink with cigarettes.
Much like in Prohibition USA back in the day, but in the case of Denmark we talk about the 50 - 60 - 70ties

Someone got nailed here a few weeks ago unloading 310 KG of Coke from a ship into smaller boats, everyone got busted and the ship got impounded too and the whole crew arrested.
Clearly there are better / more money to be made with other products, not least since Danes love them so much and politicians are happy with criminal fractions fighting over that market, with the inevitable bloodshed.
A little older drug bust.

Remember its just the top of the iceberg that get busted, you see no mention able price fluctuations no matter how much are seized.

The street price for Coke now are 50% of what it was in "my day" and back then it had already become cheap enough for regular none rich people to use the damn stuff.

In 18 a guy was charged with "importing" 1.3 ton amphetamine and 13.8 ton of cannabis over a 2 year period,,,,,,, and really i doubt that's anything unusual.

Latest ciggy case is from 19 and are about smuggling of 14 million cigarettes, and defrauding the Danish government on its 20 million DKKr tax cut from the sale of those.

Back