Driver Tries to Avoid Red Light - Ends Up Farther Behind

thomas-dash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4k, Viofo MT1
I'm not sure what the driver was trying to do. The only thing that makes sense to me was they were trying to be sneaky about running a red light by turning right, cutting across the other road, and merging back onto the road. The oncoming left-hand turn traffic foiled their plan. The only other thing I can think of is they were lost.

I'm not sure what the driver was trying to do. The only thing that makes sense to me was they were trying to be sneaky about running a red light by turning right, cutting across the other road, and merging back onto the road. The oncoming left-hand turn traffic foiled their plan. The only other thing I can think of is they were lost.

If your intent is "finding drivers doing dumb things", you can have a full-time job going so...

Things that you bring-up such as a driver turning right on a red light and then doing a U-turn to get back on the main route, we have all seen dozens, if not hundreds, of times... nothing really new here, is there?

I don't have to find them, they find me...lol. I don't think I would classify it as a U-turn. A U-turn usually implies you make a 180 degree turn and drive the opposite way from where you were originally going. Calling it a U-turn on that side street is quite a stretch. They left the main road, but never really made a right-hand turn. For the most part they were headed in the same direction the entire time.

Personally, I've never seen that move performed by someone before. We've all seen crashes, people cutting other people off, close calls, etc. The site admin might as well shut down the share your dash cam video threads since we've all seen these types of things. No use in posting more of them since there's nothing new in them.

I don't have to find them, they find me...lol. I don't think I would classify it as a U-turn. A U-turn usually implies you make a 180 degree turn and drive the opposite way from where you were originally going. Calling it a U-turn on that side street is quite a stretch. They left the main road, but never really made a right-hand turn. For the most part they were headed in the same direction the entire time.

Personally, I've never seen that move performed by someone before. We've all seen crashes, people cutting other people off, close calls, etc. The site admin might as well shut down the share your dash cam video threads since we've all seen these types of things. No use in posting more of them since there's nothing new in them.
I don't mean to say you're trying to find drivers doing stupid things on the road... it's like trying to find flies at a picnic; they're everywhere.

It sounds like you are a newer/young driver if you've never seen someone do the tactic you shared with us. Another common one is people turn right into a corner gas station, drive across the station and then turn right to avoid congestion build-up at that corner. That happens a fair amount of times

And people driving over the speed limit is another routine occurrence, at least in California; cars are always driving 10 mph over the posted speed limit. Would I post that here? No. But if you want to bring it to the attention of folks here, that's your preogative.

Stay safe out there and watch out for the nuts of which there are many!

Back