driving 26' uhaul across country, need rear camera

brettleasure

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello all, this is my first post. i'll be moving from phoenix to peoria illinois and i'm driving a 26' uhaul and towing my car. i'd really like to find a battery powered or rechargeable camera, nothing hardwired into the truck, that can send signal to either a monitor or my phone. this is really only going to be a temporary, 3 day, solution. i've found some that will work, but only stay on for up to 90 seconds and i'm looking for continuous video if possible. recorded video is a plus, but not necessary. let me know what ideas you have or anybody else who's done something similar.

brett

Garmin Mini 2 should work well for this. With the app, you can view the real time video stream anytime. You can use a power bank if a 12V outlet is not available.

Use extra caution if you are not used to driving larger vehicles.
Stop and check whatever securement is keeping your car on the trailer, or dolly, your lights, hitches, breakaway device or chains every few hours.
Don't try to back up, or back up as little as possible.

I miss driving in the USA in summer....all those broken down U-Haul trucks...or otherwise on the side of the road.. sometimes in single vehicle accidents.

I wouldn't count on a smartphone display to be of much use, other than to show you the car is still back there.

Back