Driving in Munich City - Deutschland/Germany in Europe

germany

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nothing spectacular just a short compilation from munich no accidents and brawls just some funny traffic situations.

As dashcam I used a Car Cam One HD:

Last edited by a moderator:
germany said:
Nothing spectacular just a short compilation from munich no accidents and brawls just some funny traffic situations.

As dashcam I used a Car Cam One HD:

Hey great compilation! quite interesting to watch :D

Munich is such a beautiful city, would love to visit there some day.
Love the impact music with the bunch of police... danger? haha.

It's amazing, motorists would do the most daring things.. running red lights etc.

thanks for the share.

Nice video, but we are sharing the videos with the drivers which drive bad including their registration plates. We want them make know that somebody can record them anytime and not break the law in the future. We want make them shame.

enjoy,
Mtz

Good video and nice quality too! I wouldn't bother concealing the identity of the offending vehicles, but it's your call and effort.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thank you guys it's a law problem I just can't show the licence plates of people who making illegal things :mrgreen: if someone will denounce me at the police or with his lawyer I can get more trouble than he running the redlight.

Do your laws favour concealing offending drivers? In Australia anyone who is breaking the law is seen as the problem, not the witness.

Sounds like Germany needs to pull their head in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Some laws definitely do. In my neighboor country Austria there it's even prohibited to record with a car DVR :shock:

A car DVR is also officially not a valid evidence at the court there were some cases which a video from a car DVR was approved.

Sounds like Germany needs to pull their head in
in "my" country, Google Street View didn't get a permission to take photos or videos or whatever they do to make street-view possible. Dashcams are still legal. I guess. Publishing videos with register plates or human faces - that's another story. Human rights in Europe sometimes go in unwanted extremes. Probably still the echo of the 2nd WW.

Back to the topic: I read many suggestions about video-merge software. But what do people use to speed-up videos ? To make 10-minute video out of a 2-hour trip ?

javr said:
Sounds like Germany needs to pull their head in
in "my" country, Google Street View didn't get a permission to take photos or videos or whatever they do to make street-view possible. Dashcams are still legal. I guess. Publishing videos with register plates or human faces - that's another story. Human rights in Europe sometimes go in unwanted extremes. Probably still the echo of the 2nd WW.

Back to the topic: I read many suggestions about video-merge software. But what do people use to speed-up videos ? To make 10-minute video out of a 2-hour trip ?
I think that any video editing software can do it, even Windows Movie Maker has this option.

Use MP4Cam2Avi to join the files and save them as avi. Is free and very good, no bloatware.

enjoy,
Mtz

don't you lose on quality when converting from mov to avi, and so on ? I know that quality of jpg photo is lost just by rotating it (ok, I can't see that just by looking at it, but that's what "they" say). How's with converting video formats ?

No quality lost.
I just moving from the MOV (or MP4) container to AVI container. The video inside them (the IN and the OUT) is exactly the same. And for the Audio too.

MOV, MP4, AVI are just containters. Inside them can be different quality video and audio.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
No quality lost.
I just moving from the MOV (or MP4) container to AVI container. The video inside them (the IN and the OUT) is exactly the same. And for the Audio too.

enjoy,
Mtz

what is your opinion of MOV versus MP4 container, a lot of cameras use MOV and some use MP4, do you see benefit (or disadvantage) in either one?

this was brought up by someone recently and would be interested in your thoughts

I can't explain why, but I like more the MP4.
For me the top is
1. mp4
2. avi
3. mov

And of course MKV, but out of discussion here.

I think the most important things are the editing options of the containers. I still convert to avi because I like to use virtualdub.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I can't explain why, but I like more the MP4.
For me the top is
1. mp4
2. avi
3. mov

And of course MKV, but out of discussion here.

I think the most important things are the editing options of the containers. I still convert to avi because I like to use virtualdub.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok, the reason I asked is someone questioned why use MOV, MP4 is easier for Windows users as the codecs needed are already included in Windows, some people don't like downloading Quicktime or alternate codecs etc, Mac users maybe prefer MOV though, I think there is perhaps logical argument for both sides depending if you're a Windows or Mac user, I thought rather than me choose which we use what we've done is updated the firmware and added a user selectable menu option where the user can select to have MOV or MP4 files depending on their own preference

Is very good to offer MOV and MP4. On my 808 cameras I have the option between MOV and AVI. I am using MOV because the AVI is buggy (not editable) because of Novatek fault and not fixing the problem. I am converting the MOV to AVI with that program so I can use in the way I like,

enjoy,
Mtz

But what do people use to speed-up videos ? To make 10-minute video out of a 2-hour trip ?
I think that any video editing software can do it, even Windows Movie Maker has this option
I joined videos of 1-hour trip, using MP4Cam2Avi, as suggested. It created 3GB avi file.

Then I used Windows Movie Maker to speed it up few times; it's now a 7-minutes trip. Saving file is the next step and here's a problem: it said the file size will be about 55MB. Ok, but now it says "Saving movie - 236 minutes remaining" and it's on 6% . That's 4 hours. Is that normal ?

javr said:
But what do people use to speed-up videos ? To make 10-minute video out of a 2-hour trip ?
I think that any video editing software can do it, even Windows Movie Maker has this option
I joined videos of 1-hour trip, using MP4Cam2Avi, as suggested. It created 3GB avi file.

Then I used Windows Movie Maker to speed it up few times; it's now a 7-minutes trip. Saving file is the next step and here's a problem: it said the file size will be about 55MB. Ok, but now it says "Saving movie - 236 minutes remaining" and it's on 6% . That's 4 hours. Is that normal ?

That depends on your computer and the codec the AVI file has. It could be possible that it takes 236 minutes. Do you know what codec this 3GB Avi File has? I don't know this MP4Cam2Avi but maybe you can change the codec (mpeg2,mpeg4, etc. etc.)

The codec is not changed by MP4Cam2AVI only if you want it. If you want to reencode the camera video (change the codec), it will be XViD.

236 minutes is too much. I think you can expect about 15 minutes.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back